Macklemore, Controversial Opinions, and More From Exploring Sobriety
Welcome to the weekly update email from Exploring Sobriety! I hope that your week is starting off well. As always in these emails, I’d like to share with you a quick roundup of my most recent articles about addiction and recovery. I hope you’ll enjoy them!
- Macklemore on Sobriety and Relapse — A couple of years ago, the long-sober rapper experienced a relapse. Fortunately, he’s now doing better than ever. Read more about his journey.
- My 5 Most Controversial Sobriety Opinions — You’re almost guaranteed to find something you disagree with in this post! If you don’t believe me, check it out.
- A Quick Guide to Sober Twitter — I’ve recently been spending more time on Twitter, and I’ve been impressed by how active and positive the recovery community is on the site. Read more here.
- My Top Tips for Writing About Sobriety — It’s been nearly four years since I started blogging about sobriety. If you’re thinking of doing the same, but feeling hesitant, here’s my advice.
- Why I Won’t Celebrate With a Drink (Paywall) — This last one is from my Substack newsletter and is for paid subscribers. (If you don’t have a paid subscription, you can sign up for a free trial.) It’s about why I don’t make any exceptions to my sobriety. Read more here.
That’s it from last week! Tomorrow, I’ll be sending out a free edition of my Substack newsletter, so if you haven’t signed up yet, make sure to join now. Tomorrow’s essay is called “Three Drinking Stories.”
Thank you very much for reading! Have an awesome week!