Drive More Traffic To Your Exhibit Booth
If you’re investing the time and resources into exhibiting at an event, you most likely want people to know you’re there — otherwise, what’s the point? Well, there’s good news for you. There are several easy ways to drive traffic to your booth. The task may seem daunting, but here’s where to start.
Do you speak events? We do too. Sign up for our mailing list to get more insights on event & itinerary management.
If there’s one fact that we all know, humans can’t resist the word “FREE”. When you’re passing out free goods, people will flock to your booth to pick it up, which gives you a perfect audience to see whatever it is you’re exhibiting. Here are some tips + benefits about handing out freebies:
- The freebies don’t have to be the stereotypical pens or magnets — companies like Vistaprint have corporate options that allow you to customize items like hats, shorts, power banks, and other creative giveaways. (Protip: Give away something that can be used at the event itself, so more people have a chance to see and engage with it.)
- Depending on the type of show you’re attending at, you can give away different free items. At a gaming convention? Something like a fidget spinner or a USB drive is appropriate. Exhibiting at a business conference? Pens, notebooks, and other items of the sort go a long way.
Creative Booth Design
According to Sean Graham, 94% of first impressions are design related. Since at an event, the first impression can be less than half a second, your booth really needs to WOW your audience. Here are some tips + information about creating a great booth design.
- Depending on how large your space is, you may want to opt to leaving the design to a professional design group, like ASTOUND.
- You can get graphics, fixtures, iPad stands, and a lot of other aspects on Displays2Go.
- Look for inspiration in your booth size. If you have a 10' x 10', it’s important to look for that, and not 20' x 20’s.
Stay Active on Social Media
Remember to stay active on social media across all of your media channels. Advertise what’s going on at the booth, do giveaways, and interview people who are at the show. Tips and tricks:
- Remember to use the show hashtag in some of your posts!
- Giveaways should be for higher level items, not stuff you normally give away. Maybe a hoodie?
- To increase engagement, try running 1 or 2 day campaigns for posts published while at the booth.
If you found this list helpful, you’ll definitely find value in what we’re building as a company. It’s an itinerary management software that adapts to you and your personality. Say hello to personalized restaurant recommendations, scheduling ideas, and other things that help make us the #1 upcoming event software.
- New Event Manager? We offer free, unbiased advice 24 hours a day through our Event Success Helpdesk.
- You can follow us on Twitter, and like us on Facebook.
- If you have any more questions, shoot us an email!
Additionally, you can sign up for our BETA testing to get notified as more information becomes available: