Crowdmatrix Launch Party
On Wednesday, July 27, we were proud to attend the Crowdmatrix Soft Launch Party at the One King West Hotel. We were welcomed by delicious food and a room full of excited investors and entrepreneurs. Cognition Cofounder and current “Chief Crowdpleaser” at Crowdmatrix, Rubson Ho, started off the night by introducing what Crowdmatrix is, how it began, and what they hope to achieve with their advanced investment platform.
He then welcomed EVP’s Ray Sharma to the mic to introduce the 7 startups that would be pitching throughout the night. This event was key for investors as they got an exclusive and early look into some of the most promising startups to be featured on the Crowdmatrix platform. The 7 companies that pitched were the following:
- EveTab: a mobile app that gets past the line and into the club with a push of a button
- Homigo: a company that aims to provide the complete living solution for anyone who moves to a new city
- AudioWorks: a cloud based music production, collaboration and distribution platform that targets aspiring amateur & professional musicians
- Turnstyle: a service that helps turn restaurant/bar/cafe guest wi-fi into a powerful marketing asset for businesses
- Spently: an email platform designed for e-commerce and retail to strengthen customer relations
- Gopher Leads: an innovate lead generation app that empowers salespeople to generate leads
- Neptune: a SMART wrist wearable that allows you to make calls, send messages, stay connected with your social networks, track fitness stats, and more
We were very impressed with the pitches, and even more excited to see Crowdmatrix’s vision come to life. They have been in the EA/EVP space for a long time now, and we know how much effort they have put into making their platform successful. Just a few moments after the pitches ended, the Audioworks syndicate was filled, and Gopher Leads secured $100,000! Now that’s amazing. Well done, gang!
Check out the buzz from the night: