There is no question that hardware wallets are the safest way to store your cryptocurrency holdings while still leaving them relatively accessible. When used properly, hardware wallets like the TREZOR series by Satoshi Labs are an incredible asset to serious crypto traders. To people just getting started however, they can seem cumbersome and confusing. Don’t worry — we’re here to help.
Once your wallet is set up (check out this helpful video if you don’t know how), using your TREZOR device with Faast is literally the most secure way in the world to trade and build a diverse cryptocurrency portfolio without putting your funds at risk on an exchange you don’t control.
Why Faast + TREZOR Wallet is Such a Perfect Match
- Quickest and safest way to trade with a hardware wallet. Using a TREZOR wallet with Faast gives you the benefits of hardware wallet without going through the tedious process of setting up accounts on multiple exchanges.
- Easy cross-chain trades. With Faast, you can trade your Bitcoin holdings on your TREZOR device directly for tokens — and vice-versa. Let’s compare this to using a centralized exchange: if you were using Binance, for example, you’d have to send your BTC holdings on your TREZOR wallet to your BTC wallet on Binance, then trade it for the token you wanted (which may not even be listed). It’s so much easier to just remove that extra step by using Faast to swap your BTC for the tokens you want, and get them safely delivered straight to your TREZOR wallet.
- Greater privacy. Exchanges are required by KYC laws and regulations to collect personal information on all users, including name, country of residence, and in many cases, even a photo ID. With Faast, there is no need to surrender this information. In fact, you don’t even need to create an account at all. You just connect your TREZOR wallet to Faast using the instructions below, and you’ll have access to hundreds of coins to choose from — all while maintaining the maximum amount of privacy. In this way, Faast allows you to enjoy the security of a hardware wallet while staying true to the original crypto spirit of decentralization and safe, private trading online.
- View all your balances in one place. With Faast’s simple user interface and pie chart graphics, you get a highly detailed, yet easy to grasp visual representation of your balances for each coin.
How to Use a TREZOR Wallet with Faast
1) Make sure you TREZOR wallet is set up properly, and install Trezor Bridge. Connect your TREZOR wallet to your computer, and visit https://faa.st/portfolio/connect. (You must already have some BTC, ETH, or some ERC20 tokens in your wallet to trade).
2) You will now be on the Portfolio page. Under “Select your wallet”, you’ll see a list of two of the most popular hardware wallets supported by Faast. Click the TREZOR icon:
3) A new window will pop up. Click “Add All Currencies”:
4) Next, enter your Trezor PIN. On the next screen, choose which ETH and/or BTC accounts you want to use for trading:
5) You will now be able to see all of your BTC, ETH and token holdings in a single view on Faast:
6) You’re now ready to start swapping! Just use the simple click-and-drag interface to select the exact amounts you want for each item. (You’ll be asked to confirm the transaction on your TREZOR device.)
And remember, your coins/tokens stay safe; the swap happens over Faast, and is delivered directly to your TREZOR wallet.