Weekly Review of Oct 3–9
What you think everyday more than what others see
Welcome to the NO. 8 edition of
ETHANFAILSUP — Weekly Check-In
Day60 — Psychology in Business (FailUpWatson, Psychology, People, Management, Human Nature, Success, Negotiation, Personality, Social Psychology)
Day61 — Memorable Master Courses (AshokaU, Unreasonable Institute, Why, Mission, Meetings, Failure, Relationships, Mental Fitness, Problem)
Day62 — Changing Winds (Lean Startup, Testing, Prototypes, Learning, Mentorship, Family Support, Why?, Hopes, Dreams, Success, Mission, Dancing)
Day63 — DreamTank (Impact Measurement, Psychology, Entrepreneurial Mindset, Self-Awareness, Personality, Entrepreneurial Skills, Execution, Self-Confidence, Interpersonal Sensitivity, Beliefs)
Day64 — Learning from Boulderites (Tulane Alum, TechStars, New Orleans, Boulder, Brad Feld, Pay it Forward, Startup Culture, Psychotherapy, Storytelling, Prejudice, Racism)
Day65 — Asking Girls Out (Social Experiment, Risk, Fear, Girls, Love, Success, Failure, Definition, Perspective, Rejection, Rejection Therapy, Assumptions, Imagination)
GOAL REVIEW (Oct. 9th):
- 20 Total Interviews, 4 SpeakUps, 15 Active FailUpWatson Users RESULTS = NOT MET
GOALS FOR NEXT WEEK (by Oct. 17th):
- Ask 30 girls on dates? I want to focus on goals that are more related to my personal development, and easily measurable (see “my cry”)
I’m getting pretty confused about my goals. I don’t think these goals are good goals anymore. I don’t know what I should be measuring now. I want to measure what is most important to my learning, but again, I don’t know what is most important for me to learn and how to measure that. I feel a bit all over the place, doing a lot of things but it’s not clear why. Right now, my biggest fear is doing a lot and producing little.
3 SMALL WINS:
- Got to meet Erin & Teju, two people who I have looked up to from afar
- Spent time with kids, they made me happy
- A girl said yes when I asked her on a date
Can I have feedback on the following?
- Goal-setting, how may I create better goals?
- Learning, how may I determine what learning matters most?
- Measuring, how may I better measure my learning & success?