FanFare is a curated publication
We are one of Medium’s largest Pop Culture publications, a brand synonymous with entertaining and well-written articles. As a result of our consistent high quality (Medium’s words, not ours), our articles are automatically distributed across Medium, including in various Topics.
Write for us
We’re always looking for talented writers to add to our team! Send a sample of your best work to firstname.lastname@example.org. If it fits what we’re looking for, we will add you as a writer. Response time is typically 2–3 days.
We are a curated publication, which means we’re picky about our writers. We want strong writing with a clear voice and unique point of view. Our purview is pretty large: films, TV shows, books, and games of all kinds.
Hit the Follow button to keep up with all our great content!
- We only accept previously unpublished drafts.
- We only publish one story per day per writer.
- You must include one of the following tags: Books, Film, Gaming, Star Wars, Television.
- Use a header image before or immediately after your title.
- All images should be credited.
- Posts should be visually pleasing. Leverage white space.
- Only submit final drafts. Sloppy submissions will result in your removal from FanFare.
- Metered stories are encouraged but not required.
- You may use a brief (1–3 sentence) call to action at the end of your article, so long as it complies with Medium’s guidelines.
Edits and ownership
We claim no ownership of your work. You are free to do with it what you will outside of Medium.
Since we vet our writers up-front, we do a very minimal edit on submissions (and sometimes not even that). We may adjust obvious typos but otherwise will not modify the copy — usually we prefer leaving a note for the writer and letting them adjust. We may also tweak your tags to align with the guidelines noted above.