By Michael Kong
Fantom has been working hard on the first post-mainnet Opera network upgrade, which will be an upgrade to both go-lachesis and the Special-fee contract (“SFC”). We have been carefully testing many aspects of changes to ensure a smooth and consistent upgrade for this release, and future releases. In doing so, we have built and continue to build a number of different automatic test suites, to ensure that upgrades in the future happen faster with more automation.
We have also continued to make Go-lachesis ABCI-compatible, and have added further upgrades to both the backend, Go-lachesis, and the SFC.
- Changed “Downtime” to be the measurement for the total amount: of time in milliseconds: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/go-lachesis/pull/441
- Added code to cmd/lachesis/config.migrations() allowing the node to accept configs from previous releases (v0.5.0-rc.1 and v0.6.0-rc.1): https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/go-lachesis/pull/438
- Help with SFC upgrading. Prepared detail instructions on how to
connect a local node to stagingnet: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/lachesis_launch/commits/master
- Fixed of error after upgraded local node did not connect to mainnet: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/go-lachesis/pull/443
- Tested different scenarios for the first upgrade release.
- Separated app.Store’s database from gossip.Store’s: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/go-lachesis/pull/436
- Denied direct access to app.Store from gossip. Refactor to do all through app methods: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/go-lachesis/pull/439
- Moved validation score logic to the ABCI-App side: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/go-lachesis/pull/440
- Moved staker POI logic to the ABCI-App side: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/go-lachesis/pull/444
- Updated wiki for SFC: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation/fantom-sfc/wiki
- Created autotests for SFC: https://github.com/devintegral4/autotest_sfc_web3
- SFC upgrade and running of test cases in stagingnet, prepared instructions: https://github.com/devintegral4/autotest_sfc_web3/blob/master/README.md
Research and Development
- Worked on test scenarios and tried to improve test coverage for the upgrade release candidates. We have reached a stable release candidate of go-lachesis. We are also working on a plan for this release.
- Investigated a new language with some extensions to allow us to write more secure smart contracts. The new approach will be compatible with Solidity. Further details will be released in a published paper.
- We are also investigating several improvements to Go-lachesis, including optimisations, such as more effective gossiping, event block packing, and transaction pooling.
- Researched the best way to mint fUSD from collected rewards.
Official Links for Fantom
Official Email Address: email@example.com
Official Website Link: https://www.fantom.foundation
Official Discord Discussion Group: https://discord.gg/6V42Gs8
Official Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/fantomfoundation
Official Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FantomFoundation/
Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/FantomFDN
Official Medium: https://medium.com/fantomfoundation
Official Github: https://github.com/Fantom-foundation
Official YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/fantomfoundation