17 Warning Signs That You Are an Otaku
1. If you’ve ever had an anime night that’s lasted more than 2 hours
If you’ve watched more than this, with no break…I suspect it may already be too late for you.
. If you named your son or daughter after your favorite video game character
3. If you own a giant robot that can only be controlled from a command center inside its head or chest
4. If you live in Japan and voluntarily go to Akihabara (Electric Town) more than once a week.
Yep, even if you’re going just to pick up parts for you computer (every week?) \I think paying more than one-hundred dollars to REA
6. If your Ipod or smart phone currently has more than five songs from an anime, video game, nerd-proven sources.
My guilty list of songs in my iTunes Library RIGHT NOW:
“Simple & Clean by Utada Hikaru”
“Megaman 2 Guitar Medley”
“Final Fantasy X — Piano Collections”
“Dragon Quest VIII Soundtrack,” “Yes the full soundtrack..” Donnie whispers as he hangs head in utter shame. LOL”
“All of the Samurai Champloo Music” (Those beats, though!)
7. If you exercise or go running to aforesaid video game music/anime music and imagine yourself being that video game or anime character…
When I’m running, I’m L’il Mac training for my match with Mike Tyson and there isn’t a damn thing you can say to tell me different
8. If you’ve ever cried during an anime or, even more extreme, got emotional during a video game cut scene
9. If you haven’t been to a social gathering of some form in 6 months or more
This means that you’re not leaving your house. You work, go home, and stay there…which potentially means more personal time for all things nerdy. Don’t feel bad if this is you…eye-twitch…I haven’t left my house in three days :O
10. If you pay more attention to your video games more than your girlfriend/boyfriend, wife/husband, or significant other.
11. If someone makes you angry, and you glare at them really hard and say…”Sharingan.”
12. If you watch Japanese anime in the original, Japanese voices but have no intention of learning the language.
13. If you missed your friend’s wedding to watch Attack On Titan.
14. If you’ve ever had a cartoon crush, or fantasy about a cartoon or comic book character
I’m sure it’s more common that people think…ahem…not that I’ve done it or anything. But if you’ve “masticated” to a cartoon or comic, you are on a whole ‘nother level.
15. If you’ve ever written the name of a person you don’t like on an eery, black notepad in hopes that something very “unfortunate” would happen to them.
16. If you snort when you laugh.
17. If you’ve ever been to any form of convention or event related to video-game, comic book, manga, or anime.
YES, This includes Comic-Con! Don’t think you get a pass just because cool