Feedium Just Reached 2500 Followers!
***Feedium update #7***
It’s been a while since I sent one of these but I just wanted to share a few updates.
- We’ve now reached 2516 followers — which is just fan-damn-tastic! Thanks for all of your support!
- I opened up a category of ‘Guest Writers’ on Feedium a couple months ago…and the results have been outstanding. There’s now over 500 writers sharing their thoughts on writing, Mediuming, blogging, and book reviews. If you want to contribute, head over to the ‘Submissions’ page, we’d be glad to have you!
- I have perfected the art of peanut butter and tuna sandwiches. Recipe copyright pending.
Some Juicy Stats
Most of our stories tend to get between 40 to 250 views these days. While that might not sound too great for big-time writers out there, for the brand new Mediumite — I think it’s pretty decent.
There’s also a few dozen absolute whammy’s — articles with thousands of views. And all on a publication that really doesn’t get curated (because the topic is mostly about Medium).
- I Followed Tim Denning’s Writing Routine — and Created My Best Performing Article Yet
- The Real Reason Why Top Writer’s Views Are Down
- 6 Helpful Medium Hacks You May Not Have Heard of Yet
And many more! So the potential to go mini-viral is still quite alive on Feedium, and actually seems to be happening more frequently as the place gets bigger. Who would’ve thunk, huh?
Overall, the average reading time per month is now over 105,000 minutes. That’s about 1,750 hours or 58 hours every single day.
I bet you feel silly now for listening to Uncle Greg’s mantra of “There’s only 24 hours in a day,” don’t you?
Daily visitors have also doubled in the last few months, from just over 1,000 to more than 2,050. Oddly, there was a brief little period where I almost wet myself every time I looked at the stats — we were hitting almost 4,000 readers a day! But alas, that was probably too good to be true and due to one platform’s algorithm or another.
“Harsh reality is always better than false hopes,” as they say.
My Own Tinkering
And just in case you mainly followed Feedium to see some of my own crusty crackling infotainment crustaceans, don’t worry, I’ve been hard at work writing more on the topic of Medium again.
- If you’re having trouble getting into big-name publications, this guide is for you.
- Do your titles turn away readers more than Trump’s face does to Melania without the orange frosty coating in the morning? This roundup of 20 Medium pro’s on how to write bomb-ass titles will probably help.
- Maybe, like me, you released your first book last year. Firstly, congratulations. Secondly, this is why it probably didn’t sell so well.
- New to Medium? Spend 5 minutes and read this. Then thank me later. With a peanut butter tuna sandwich.
- Do you write fiction for fun or other mysterious reasons? Either way, here’s 17 publications on Medium that currently accept fiction pieces. Go get ’em, Tiger.
And last, but not least, if you want to read a personal essay on the power of branding in the modern messed up e-commerce world we live in — give this a quick read.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go make a PB&T sandwich, then try not to puke from its pure awesomeness.
In the meantime, this picture of striped straws comes up on the 8th page when you search for ‘fun’ on Unsplash. I don’t know why.