Make or Break PANCAKE
With a twist on the old pancake for breakfast, we will make some delicious pancakes, using some healthy and nutritional ingredients, from scratch.
- Virgin coconut oil
- Rolled oats (organic)
- Buckwheat hulled (organic)
- Chia seeds (flax seeds instead for a nutty flavor)
- 6 eggs
- Clean and fresh water
In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil. You can also use ghee. We will post a recipe for making ghee later. Then put aside to use later.
Using a coffee grinder or similar, grind up a ratio of two cups of oats, two cups of buckwheat and half a cup of chia seeds.
In a bowl, mix the flour and water. Crack eggs first in a separate bowl to ensure they are fresh. Add to the mix. Add water making sure the consistency is not running and not too thick, similar to that of a flour pancake.
Heat the oil, ensuring excess is removed. Add a half of a ladle of the mixture. It is ready to flip over when edges are turning brown.
Remove from heat and serve with your favorite topping.
- Taste like wholemeal but yum!!
- Like hippy food from Byron Bay.
- Nice texture. Close to normal but healthier.
- Like an oat pancake but surprisingly enjoyable.
- Good base but needs more flavor - Would be nice to try with blueberries.
- For leftover mixture and pancakes, add spices for a savory version.
- Add banana into mixture and bake like a sweet alternative.
Composed and written by: Mary Dee & Donald Hampson