Fifth Wall Announces Expansion
Having executed 20 investments and 36 transformational partnerships since launch, Fifth Wall expands to prepare for continued rapid growth
Fifth Wall launched last year with its top down investing model of raising capital from the largest buyers of real estate technology and bringing it to technology entrepreneurs in the Built World. Since launch, we have announced 20 investments with companies building revolutionary new businesses at the intersection of real estate and technology, structuring 36 transformational partnerships with our strategic LPs to dramatically accelerate the growth of the portfolio company and enable the incumbents to influence the innovation in their sector, rather than be disrupted by it. Fifth Wall will continue its rapid growth in the next year, and we are excited to announce some additions and updates to the team:
- Roelof Opperman and Vik Chawla have both been promoted to Principals on the Investment team. In his time at Fifth Wall, Roelof has emerged as an expert on the office, multifamily, and hospitality verticals, leading Fifth Wall’s investments in Industrious, LimeBike, and Hippo. Similarly, Vik has developed an unparalleled expertise in the areas of homebuilding technologies, real estate fintech, logistics, retail tech and blockchain, leading Fifth Wall’s deals with Opendoor, Blend, and others.
- KC Cleary is the newest partner at Fifth Wall, overseeing relationships between Fifth Wall’s strategic real estate LPs and portfolio companies, along with Natalie Bruss, who previously was announced as a Partner. KC was previously an Associate Partner at McKinsey & Company where he led transformations for consumer and retail clients and was a founding member of a new solution at McKinsey to deliver advanced analytics insights to real estate owners and their tenants.
- Adam Demuyakor will assume additional responsibility in terms of leading long-term engagements with companies that join the Fifth Wall portfolio (after successfully leading investments in Enertiv, Clutter and Urbint.)
- Kate Bassett also joins Fifth Wall as an Associate Strategist, focusing on strategic partnerships, as well as managing Fifth Wall’s content marketing efforts. Previously, Kate worked at WME | IMG in both the Television and Communications departments.
- Luke Williams (Fifth Wall’s first hire on the investment team beyond founders Brendan Wallace and Brad Greiwe), Michael New, and Katherine Miller have been promoted to Investment Professionals.
- Charlotte Keesler and Josh Schwartz also joined as investment professionals. Charlotte was previously an Investment Banking Analyst at Deutsche Bank in New York. Josh comes to us from San Francisco where he was an Investment Banking Analyst for Centerview Partners.