Write for Fighting Fit
Become a writer for the Fighting Fit publication on Medium
Thank you for your interest in writing for Fighting Fit!
How to Become a Writer for Fighting Fit
Send us either your Medium name/profile handle (your username after the @ symbol) or your profile URL using this link.
We check the link every few days and will add you to the publication as a writer. You can then submit your pieces to us by clicking the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the page of your draft, pressing ‘add to publication’ and selecting Fighting Fit.
Alternatively you can send a draft link of your story to our editor on email@example.com.
Who We Are & What We’re Looking for
If you have a personal fitness journey you want to share, or tips on nutrition, becoming healthy, staying healthy, a workout guide, or anything related to health and fitness you want to share, we want to hear from you.
Things to Keep in Mind when Submitting
Some writing tips and best practices for the best chance to get published in any publication.
- Whatever idea, point or story you’re trying to convey, keep it concise and focused. Give the reader a clear motive for what you’re trying to say. Readers expect to get the most out of what they read, so avoid waffle and points which go off on unrelated tangents. And, obviously, make sure you minimise all grammar errors and spelling mistakes.
- Your Headline is the first thing the reader sees, so it’s very important — it’s the reason they’ll either click and read your work or move on without a second look. Ensure your headline is eye-catching but also accurately reflects what your piece is about. Here are some tips on how to write great headlines and examples of them.
- Make sure your sub-title further entices the reader to click. Your headline is there to catch their attention and the subtitle to intrigue them to want to know more.
- Use a high-quality image at the top of your piece and ensure you have the rights to use it. Please credit the owner of the image in the image alt-text. You can find free royalty-free and copyright-free images to use in your pieces at Unsplash, Pixabay and Pexels.
- Ensure you have some visual variety in your writing. Readers will often get turned off at massive blocks of text without any white space. It looks boring and overwhelming to the eye. Vary the length of your sentences, paragraphs and perhaps make use of Medium’s formatting tools like bold, italics and quote features. You can also use images within the text itself, if you’d like.
- If you cite facts or make assertions in your writing, please back them up with references. This is usually best done by linking the text out to a page which backs up your point like this. If you make an assertion but cannot provide a reference or citation, please back it up with some rationale or your own experience (if it’s your experience, please say so).
- It’s your choice whether to put your piece behind the Medium paywall. You can get paid for your writing on Medium if you decide to put it behind the paywall. If we like the piece we’ll publish it whether it’s behind the paywall or not.
- We accept both draft and already published stories.
How to Submit a Piece to Fighting Fit
Send us your Medium profile name or URL using this link.
If you have a story you’d like to share, please send the draft link to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Fighting Fit submission: [the title of your piece].
To find your story’s draft link, either click the 3 dots in the top right hand corner and click ‘share draft link’ (if you’re on a laptop) or share it from your draft stories page in the app.
We’ll have a read and add you to Fighting Fit as a writer. You’ll then be able to submit your piece to the publication directly.
Thank you for your interest, we can’t wait to hear from you!