Fika Ventures is growing our platform team!
This role has been filled. Thank you for your interest!
We are looking to bring on an Operations & Events Manager who will provide comprehensive executive, event planning, community building and operations support to the Fika team and across Fika’s portfolio and extended community. The ideal candidate is an operational wizard, organized, reliable and can manage multiple projects at one time. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves working with people, and enjoys implementing processes and organization to improve efficiency and visibility. This is a full-time role based in Los Angeles.
- Manage and execute our annual events programming (including event logistics & coordination, content development, speaker outreach, etc)
- Manage all event marketing and communications with the Fika network
- Own systems management and reporting for team dashboards, CRMs and platforms
- Generate creative ideas, topics and themes to maximize the event experience
- Kickstart programs that help Fika engage with thought leaders, innovators and practitioners within our areas of focus (fintech, enterprise software, healthcare IT, marketplaces)
- Coordinate a monthly newsletter / social media updates
- Engage with both internal and external events speakers to coordinate prep calls, rehearsals, and ensure they are fully prepared
- Be the liaison for our vendors and service providers
- Minimum of 2–3 years of event planning/programming, project management, or marketing/communications — or other related experience at a startup or venture fund
- Demonstrated success of designing and executing programs, events, and network building opportunities
- Familiarity with GSuite, Airtable, Slack, Streak, Wordpress, etc.
- Self-starter with superior work ethic who is good at prioritizing demands to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with limited supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess great interpersonal skills — able to plug oneself in new communities, gain the respect of founders, and build meaningful relationships over time
- Excited to work in a dynamic, collaborative small-firm environment
- You have a bias for action and generally operate with hustle
- Experience with content development (social media management is a plus)
Who We Are
In Sweden, fika is an essential cultural activity that involves getting to know someone better over a cup of coffee. For us it is an excuse to spend time with the best and brightest as well as an opportunity to listen, create, and collaborate.
Fika Ventures is a Los Angeles based, sector focused (enterprise software, fintech, marketplaces, and digital health) seed fund started in 2016 and now manages over $300M in AUM backed by many of the industry’s top institutional investors. In 5 years, we’ve invested in some transformative companies including Pipe, OpenPath, Papaya Payments, Bowery Valuation, Elementary, Edge Impulse, among others.
At Fika, we seek to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds will give us the ultimate edge. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. We embrace these differences and hope that together, we can build a stronger and more equitable future.
We invite you to come join us and be part of the fika magic!
If you are interested in the Operations & Events Manager role, please apply here. You will be asked to submit your resume along with responses to the following questions:
- How did you hear about this role?
- In a few sentences, why do you think you’d be a good fit for this role?
- Please add a cover letter that includes anything else you would like our team to know as we review your application.
We look forward to reading your application and will follow up with you soon!