Filecash and Metamoonshots AMA Recap
Part 1: Intro questions
1) Can you briefly describe what is ‘Filecash’? We would like to know more about it and how it works.
Alright. Filecash is the first pre-fork project of Filecoin. It is an incentivization layer of the IPFS protocol, setting the goal of building the Web 3.0 basic storage engine, to make it the world’s leading distributed cloud storage platform.
The core logic behind Filecash is to reduce the threshold of ecosystem participation through a series of technical optimization schemes and economic model improvements, to make the global idle storage resources participate in Filecash consensus, to reduce computing resource consumption, and to reduce sealing and storage costs, and form a close relationship between developers, miners, and communities.
The meaning of “pre-fork”: Filecash was forking from Filecoin before Filecoin’s mainnet launched, so we call this fork a “pre-fork”. On the other hand, the fork itself is also in line with the essence of the blockchain spirit. The open-source protocol is not controlled by anyone. If there is any disagreement on the original chain, each divergence point can be used as the starting point of various forks, and each fork will be a point of divergence with new beginnings and the development of different paths. In fact, the diversified development of different technical paths, different governance institutions, and different economic models on the same track has been completed.
2) What are your main features that distinguish you from other projects and what competitive advantages do you have?
If we say Filecoin is a more corporate-like operated cloud storage service, Filecash is a decentralized, algorithm managed blockchain project. Filecash doesn’t have human interfered KYC, and completely proceeds with verifications via algorithm. Filecash also doesn’t have officially defined “verified data”. As long as the customers have paid money to try to save data on the Filecash network, the data is valid data.
Currently, Filecash’s core changes to Filecoin technology and governance are as follows:
1. The Sha256 algorithm of the Precommit 1 part is changed to sha512. This change made both AMD chip miner machines and Intel chip miner machines can mine Filecash, while Filecoin only supports AMD chip miner machines.
2. Change the sealing layers from 11 layers to 5~8 layers. To mine Filecoin, the 11 layers sealing procedure takes a lot of miner machine’s resources and network bandwidth resources, so Filecoin’s TPS is very low and this also caused the recent super-high Gas fee crisis. Filecash reduced the sealing layers to less than 8 layers to enhance the TPS and release more resources for the storage task.
3. 32G sector is changed to 16G sector. Filecoin’s sector size is 32G, which means to seal a sector in the Filecoin project, the machine needs higher memory storage and system resources, while Filecash’s sector size is only 16G, so Filecash miners need less system resources to finish one sector’s sealing. When the client only needs to store a small size file, Filecash’s cost will be lower than Filecoin’s.
4. Filecash removed human interfered KYC and the “verified data”. Filecoin’s KYC and its “verified data” caused many arguments and disagreements in the Community, and Filecash removed both of them, to make sure that in the Filecash network, all the data paid by clients to store in the network is valid data.
3) What and all partnerships or marketing initiatives are you working now to help build awareness for your platform?
To handle the marketing for Filecash, it includes two parts: unknown risk management, and the project marketing and promotion to the desired markets.
The risk management part:
On September 24th, 2021, Chinese government announced the strongest and total ban on Crypto to completely ban Chinese citizens to handle Crypto currencies. Filecash project has officially ended the marketing and promotions in China since September 24th 2021 as well. In this situation, many Chinese crypto investors are busy to sell their crypto currencies and empty their wallet on the exchange apps, so FIC price has been affected by Chinese market’s this trend and now we are seeing the price experiences turbulence.
The marketing expansion part:
There will be non-China Filecash nodes appearing more and more in the short future, so more miners from different countries will join and mine Filecash, this will also attract more countries’ crypto investors to come and buy FIC tokens. We expect to see FIC token price’s strong bounce-back when Filecash global community expands to more countries. In one word, Filecash is getting out of China-shock, and looking forward to a strong bounce-back.
Recently, we noticed that there is some mining company that sells FIC cloud mining product in South Korea, and also introduce Filecash project to more South Koreans. We expect to see Filecash’s first-ever new mining node from South Korea will appear on our worldwide node map soon. In the other hand, we are on the way to seek the opportunity to list FIC token to South Korea’s top-tier exchanges.
4) Can you share us the Tokenomics of the project?
Filecash’s FIC token distribution: the total amount of FIC distribution is 2 billion: Miners mining part 55% (Linearly halved in 6 years), Layer2 incentive related part 30%, investors 10%, foundation 2.5% (6 years of linear release), development team 2.5%.
To initiate the Filecash mining, the miner should deposit certain amount of FIC token as collateral, during the mining period, if the miner fails to upload messages in time, or if the miner lost the customer’s data by mistake, the system will deduct the certain FIC token from the collateral FIC as punishment. When the miner does everything greatly, the miner will get FIC token as reward for the mining.
Filecash’s token is FIC, and it is listed on these exchanges already: Hotbit.io, Gate.io, MEXC and some other exchange apps. We will see FIC in more exchanges in the future. You can buy and sell FIC in those exchanges, and also keep your FIC in these exchanges’ wallets.
5) Can you mention the future plans for ‘Filecash’ and share us the roadmap for the coming quarters?
Filecash’s current key goal is to expand the mining nodes to more countries, and also expand the miners’ coverage to more countries. The more global nodes appear, and the more worldwide miners come and mine Filecash, the more total network power we can see, then the new features development would be accelerated. So currently we focus on the mining nodes and miners’ global coverage, and the technical development will support our global marketing expansion.
Part 2: Live Community Questions
- I want to invest to your project. Where i buy your token? Is it available on any exchange?
Hotbit.io exchange and MEXC.com exchange are the best recommendations for you.
2. How did you get the community involved in developing the project? and how do you build a strong community to grow globally?
From our experience in South Korea and Japan, we noticed that, local volunteers and local entities who understood Filecash and Filecoin mechanism, are very helpful to introduce the project to the local market and attract the local investors. The key point seems to have the local partner to help with the local expansion.
3. Southeast Asia is a big market and there’s are manually news platform so understanding developments. So what do you thinks about-faces Southeast Asia and do you have plans to grow there?
We look forward to expand our communities to Southeastern Asian countries, especially in Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia.
4. Please tell me if your Project has a plan to educate the community, thereby raising awareness, applying and helping more people understand you easily?
Our current approach to do so, is AMAs with different countries crypto communities, and to collab with Youtube influencers to publish the informative videos about Filecash.
5. How can users stay updated with this project? Are there channels, including local communities where users can get the latest updates?
Please follow our Twitter, we primarily announce every important news on our Twitter: twitter.com/filecashglobal