This is an email from Filo's Newsletter, a newsletter by Filo.
I bring you your favorite Newsletter!
Today we carried out a maintenance which consisted of migrating the structure of the guilds settings to a more consistent and easy to identify (on our side, of course).
In this migration we hope to intentionally break some modules in a way that they require your attention to function again.
What modules have been affected?
Below we will provide you with a detailed list of the settings that we have reset due to incompatibility problems:
- Guilds added in the list of allowed (AKA: white list of servers) of the Anti-Invites module.
- Roles added in the list of allowed (AKA: white list of roles) of the Anti-Spam module.
- Channels added to the allowed list (AKA: channels whitelist) of the Anti-Spam module.
- Commands disabled (we are not 100% sure).
Below we will provide you with a detailed list of the settings that require your attention to function:
- You must manually enable the welcome role if you want it to be granted to new members. More information doing click here.
Why have these settings been broken?
- The first list is something that caught us off guard while eating crackers … oops! Wrong script. The reason is because we made various errors and when updating our systems they were totally incompatible, so we chose to reset the data.
- The second list is to make sure you are happy with the welcome role continuing.
Have I read migrating the structure of the guilds settings?
Well yes, you read that right. We have redesigned every detail of the guild settings structure, making it more orderly, clean and free of errors.
What is the purpose of all the changes mentioned in this article?
The changes are focused on future modules and systems that we are going to implement, in order to organize all the configurations in the same group.
We have redesigned the config command from 0, We started with the remodeling in January 2021 and ended on February 10, 2021. A great job!
The concept of configuring the modules has been facilitated, we have carried out zillions of checks to make sure that we do or do obtain the necessary information to make the module work.
The previous configuration methods are super obsolete, practically none will work anymore. It is advisable to take a look at the Filo wiki if you have considered configuring a module.
We are constantly making corrections of errors produced by the migration of the settings. It is possible that some modules do not work correctly, but we will be attentive at all times to be able to correct it as soon as possible.
Finally, I would like to highlight some changes related to this migration: the wiki.
The Filo wiki is a source of knowledge that you can consult when you have a question about the operation or configuration of a module.
We have updated the relevant articles, but it is possible that some contain some errors, so we ask that you be patient. We will correct it as soon as we become aware of the problem.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.