Hello, here iLxlo_ in a new article for Filo’s blog:
It has been an intense few weeks focusing mainly on the Filo anniversary update, but it has finally arrived! The Filo Anniversary Update has been completed successfully!
Because we have made countless changes, some may be missed.
Before continuing, we will leave some curious information about this update:
- We started working on the Filo anniversary update on April 1, 2021.
- We started prioritizing the update 1 week before the anniversary of Filo.
- We officially end the update on May 2, 2021 (it may not be announced publicly on the same day).
- We have created an efficient engine to render the web, so that it will allow us to correct errors much faster.
- We have added lighting effects in some components of the website, with a transition to give it a modern touch.
- We have created a more intuitive and user-friendly language selection system. No more country redirects!
- We have added a new section: “Leave us a review”. Hope you can leave us a super positive review!
- We have taken some security measures. More information will be provided later.
- The Chinese language has been added to the web!
- We have created a new error on the Filo website: 425. This error corresponds to “Unsupported Browser”. In the future, these types of error codes will begin to be sent when you have an outdated browser or not supported by us.
- The web color palette has been completely changed.
- The navbar will now be in a fixed position, which means that it will be fixed at the top of your screen.
- We’ve redesigned the Filo announce box, using a familiar, Discord-like aesthetic.
- We have completely remodeled the announcements system, now it is much more efficient and controls the possible errors that may occur.
- We have updated the aesthetics of the buttons, making them more beautiful and simple.
- The “Features” section has been reborn, now it is much more aesthetically visual and the content can be clearly read.
- We have updated all the wiki links, before we made you a simple redirect and it did not contain information about the language you use, now, we have done magic and the redirection will take you to the language of the corresponding wiki.
- We have made several aesthetic adjustments to the section “Filo’s Statistics”, now it is much more practical and beautiful.
- The system that shows the statistics has been completely remodeled, now the localized statistics are displayed in your language and with error handling. The statistics section will magically disappear if a strange error occurs!
- The section “Donate to Filo” … Can only be defined with LOL! It has been COMPLETELY changed. We have made the information that we showed you in 3 paragraphs that nobody read much more familiar and visual. Now you can view the information related to donations in a simple way.
- The “Vote for Filo” section like the previous one has received the same update technique.
- The “Friendly Pages” section was just good and we’ve only tweaked a few issues. As a curious fact, we have changed the icon of the section!
- Last but not least, the section “Ready to test Filo?” It has been aesthetically updated, the content remains the same I think.
- The footer, that old little footer has been removed. Now the web has an extensive and detailed footer that shows the most important information requested by users. We have changed the DMCA badge and added a super cool slogan to the footer.
- The aesthetics of the cookie consent banner have been completely updated.
- A multitude of aesthetic problems on the web have been corrected. We have tried to maintain a high contrast with all elements of the web.
- We have fixed a bug that showed Filo’s branding 5 pixels lower in the navbar, 5 pixels is a lot of pixels.
- We have corrected all the margins of the web, we could say that the Filo web has an adapted and clear design on mobile, if a word occupies a lot it will simply scroll down.
- We have reduced the size of some fonts that just didn’t look right. On mobile we have taken the same measures.
- We have considerably reduced the spacing between lines in the same section. This has resulted in vastly more content being viewable and taking up less space.
- In the “Features” section we have corrected some errors in aesthetics and measurements. Also reduced the size of the cards, titles, etc.
- The “Filo’s Statistics” section showed the number of unions and users in English, that is, in Spain the decimals are separated by commas and the points designate thousands. Now this will be handled by your browser at all times.
- We have fixed several errors in the links on the web, some were going nowhere (or were missing something to be able to fully function).
- Fixed a bug where the default language was always English (this bug was caused by Cloudflare’s strict cache).
- All the images on the web have been minified, some did not have any optimization and produced an extra load for the user.
- Fixed several image bugs pointing to a deprecated directory on our CDN.
- Several translation errors have been corrected in the different languages of the web.
- Web announcements will now be uploaded by users every time they visit the web, this will help us save processing costs and prevent Cloudflare’s cache from messing it up.
- The statistics displayed on the web will also be uploaded by users for the same reasons as previously given.
- We have dropped support for older or older browsers. It would be advisable to update your browser before accessing the web, otherwise some elements or sections of the web may not be visible.
This is all in principle, although we may have forgotten something.
Have we improved security?
Yes. We have been carefully analyzing which vulnerabilities could affect the users of our website with the implementation of language cookies and this led us to investigate more in detail.
We have obtained a welcome grade of A in terms of safety, with A + being the highest grade that can be achieved.
Watch Filo’s web security report.
We take care of your privacy
After our investigation we discovered that the Chrome browser (developed by Google) has implemented in one of its preliminary versions a new argorithm to track useful information for advertisers without exposing private information. We are totally against this!
We are not going to allow this and therefore we have imposed measures!
More information on this topic by clicking here.
Thank you for your patience and apologies for the delay in this long-awaited update.