For many it’s a taboo subject, not to be brought up in polite company.
Here at Financial Strategy we have a completely different point of view. We strongly believe there’s nothing wrong with money, or with talking about it, as long as it’s in the context of achieving goals that are important to you.
If they also have a positive impact on society, even better.
It could be buying a home. Starting a business. Paying off high-interest debt. Helping your kids get an education without taking on excessive student debt. Becoming financially independent.
It’s your journey, so only you can decide what’s important to you. We just want to help make that journey less stressful and more successful, through entertaining and informative stories.
If you have a money story you’d like to share with Financial Strategy’s readers, we’d like to see it!
There’s nothing wrong with money, or with talking about it, as long as it’s in the context of achieving goals that are important to you. If they also have a positive impact on society, even better.
Stories We’re Looking For
We’re always happy to publish (well-written) stories around money, finances, saving, investing, entrepreneurship, freelancing, side hustles, money-making or money-saving hacks, etc.
We especially like ones where you hook the reader with a personal story, entertaining while helping them learn from your experiences. It could be:
- Financial struggles you dealt with in the past, and how you worked through them;
- Current financial struggles, and how you’re dealing with them;
- Your personal financial goals, how you chose them, and how you plan to achieve them;
- How you’re making money, and more importantly, how you make sure to keep more of that money to reach your goals; and/or
- How you started a business, how you run it, and how your personal financial goals inform the way you run it.
Stories We’re Not Interested In
If the story is clearly written to serve your needs rather that help our readers, we’ll pass. Some examples include:
- Overly promotional articles, especially ones with links to join your email list and/or with affiliate links;
- Articles that promote risky financial schemes or ones that require advanced knowledge and experience beyond what most people have. These could include becoming a day-trader; trading foreign currencies, commodities, or options; and/or
- Articles promoting specific stocks or other investments, since you have no way of knowing whether a specific investment fits any particular reader, let alone all our readers.
How to Become a Writer for Financial Strategy
If you’d like to join Financial Strategy as a writer, it’s as simple as can be.
- Leave a comment below saying you’d like to submit stories here, preferably with a bit about yourself and why you write about money, and we’ll add you as a “Writer”
- Once you’re a Writer, edit the Medium story or draft you want to submit, click on the three dots, click “Add to publication,” select Financial Strategy, hit “Submit”
We’re happy to accept stories you’ve published elsewhere first and import into Medium, as long as they’re your stories and comply with Medium’s Terms and Conditions.
We will review your submission and do one of three things.
- Accept it as-is;
- Edit lightly to improve the likelihood of curation; or
- Let you know if it doesn’t fit this publication.
If we don’t accept your submission, please don’t take it personally. Review the above explanation as to what we’re looking for and what we’re not interested in, and you’ll most likely see why we made the decision we did. Then, please submit a different story that better aligns with our values, and that compares favorably with the quality of other stories on Financial Strategy.
We look forward to reading what you want to share with us and our readers!