The cyber-security industry is rapidly growing in response to the number of cyber-crimes that continue to plague businesses large and small. It is clear that no organization, regardless of its size or vertical, is safe from a data breach.
Cyber-crime continues to be a real threat. Consider some of these pressing cyber-security statistics as you plan for the New Year:
- 54% of businesses state negligent employees were the root cause of data breaches.
- 29% have confidence in their ability to minimize the risk of an insecure internet of things.
- 59% of businesses say password policies are strictly enforced.
- 62% of breaches were the result of cyber-crime.
- 81% of hacking-related breaches leveraged stolen or weak passwords.
- 66% of malware was installed via malicious email attachments.
- 58% of malware attack victims are categorized as small businesses.
- $2,235,000 was the average cost of cyber attacks for small and medium-sized businesses in 2017.