This week has been a long one for us, following our bid to go all out to reach customers and understand them much better.
For this reason, we spent the Customer Service Week — making magic, listening and implementing what customers wanted. We decided to finish this week. Our customers asked for more automation so we gave it to them.
Here are some of the features we implemented:
40% Commitment — Prerequisite Project Funding
We would come out straight to let you know that we are not your bank so we use payment gateways only to collect payments for projects or job orders.
Our business model requires that the people who post projects on the platform can afford to pay the people who offer to get work done.
However, there is no other way we can achieve this than getting them committed to the projects they are advertising on the platform. For this reason, we require that 40% deposit is made before projects are approved.
When projects are posted to the platform, they stay pending but then the project owners see a notice, asking them to pay a part of the project budget. We check the user’s balance and do the mathematics that helps the user know just how much more to pay for completing the 40% mark.
For this to happen, we also made sure that active users can deposit funds to their account with a minimum of ₦20,000 and maximum of ₦5,000,000 at a time. We can also flag fraudulent transactions on sight with tools to disable users, groups, regions and even countries, where the need arises.
Email Notifications after Posting Projects / Jobs
When projects are posted to the platform or jobs are being showcased, users always asked to be notified on next steps. It has been boring waiting for us to tell them. For this, we added notifications as follows:
- When projects are posted, users are contacted via email, advised to expect our complete review/approval but a link is made for project owners per posted project to make commitments as applicable.
- When jobs are posted, users are contacted via email, advised to make payment and regularly work with us using a link to review content until each posted job is completely reviewed/approved.
Reduced Email Notifications for Work Communications
It’s been a few weeks since we engaged some workers on the platform. One very crazy feeling they had was the part of getting an email for each message from the platform. We had to do something about it.
We solved the problem with the following techniques:
- When you receive a message regarding a deal, you get notified by email only if you are logged out of your account for over 15 minutes.
- When you are logged out for the period, you would receive only one email notification from each user that contacts you. The user might send subsequent messages but you would only see them when you login.
- If you login again to your account, you would not receive email notification regarding messages but if you log out for over 15 minutes, you would be notified again, only once from each user that contacts you.
With these techniques, we have been able to help our users keep clean inboxes. No more plenty emails from orders. However, users are still equally responsible for meeting up with order delivery and acceptance dates.
We would not tolerate excuses like, the email was hidden somewhere in my mailbox. When the allowed periods for order delivery (details here) and acceptance (details here) elapse, our decisions would be final.
More Updates Coming Soon
When we get new projects, we reach out to communities of people who partnered with us. You might want to go ahead and be a partner by clicking here. In the future, these notifications would be automated.
Wouldn’t you rather join Fix Dealer? Click here to get started.