FLETA aims to become the Google Android and Apple iOS of the blockchain market. It will deal with the existing problems of blockchains such as scalability, speed or decentralization and give developers a platform to create scalable and high-performing Dapps. One of FLETA’s primary goals is to be a truly global company. In a significant step towards fulfilling this goal, FLETA participated as an official sponsor of the Second Decentralized Economic Forum (Deconomy 2019) in Seoul, South Korea.
What is Deconomy?
In 2018 Deconomy had 2400+ attendees, 150+ companies and 80+ speakers. In 2019, Deconomy took their game to another level. The second chapter of Deconomy Seoul was held in Seoul, South Korea from April 4–5th, 2019. Global leaders from around the world gathered to discuss and present various topics related to cryptography, decentralized networks, economics, business, finance, law, etc. The two days included presentations, discussions, and networking parties. To give you an idea of how prominent this event is, here are some of the speakers who spoke during the event:
- Vitalik Buterin: The founder of Ethereum who spoke about Ethereum 2.0 and privacy.
- Nouriel Roubini: Famous crypto skeptic who is the Chairman of Roubini Macro Associates LLC.
- Changpeng “CZ” Zhao: CEO of Binance who spoke on centralized vs decentralized ecosystems.
- Richard G Brown: The CTO of R3 Corda spoke on enterprise blockchain and the future of interoperability.
- Joseph Lubin: Founder of ConsenSys spoke on the state of the blockchain ecosystem.
- Andreas M. Antonopoulos: Prominent crypto educator shared his thoughts on the Future of Programmable Money.
- Zooko Wilcox: The CEO of ZCash spoke on the recent advances in privacy.
FLETA and Deconomy
When it comes to a prominent event like Deconomy, sponsorship alone is hugely significant. The organizers carefully vet and judge the credibility of the projects which they deem worthy enough to be the event’s sponsors. FLETA got the honor of being a gold sponsor for the event alongside nine other companies/startups like Smart Valor, Circle, Sentinel Protocol, etc. FLETA also had their personal booth in the event.
As speaker of the Startup Product Showcase, Bina Cho, the Director of Marketing Strategy at FLETA, spoke on behalf of the FLETA project. Her speech was extremely well-received and many participants visited FLETA’s booth to express their active interest in the project.
Meeting up with Old Friends
FLETA’s partners from various countries also visited Seoul in time for Deconomy. Some of our partners who we had a pleasure to meet are:
- Akihisa Ishida, the Vice President of AVEX Tech.
- The Japanese Marketing firm, Mashtake.
- Unenburen Ulziiburen, the Chairman of Bit Mon Ex, the global cryptocurrency trading platform in Mongolia.
- Gantig Bayarmagnai, the CEO of Bit Mon Ex.
- Ian Gauci, attorney for blockchain regulatory affairs in the Malta government, and also co-chairman of Caledo Group.
We are incredibly grateful to them for visiting our booth and delivering their message of support.
Deconomy 2019 was a fantastic opportunity for us to prove that FLETA has grown immensely when it comes to international recognition. During the event, we were also able to share our vision as a global blockchain platform that allows many DApps to operate with minimum hassles efficiently.