Ho, Ho, Ho! A Flipboard Magazine Challenge
Have you been naughty this year? Here’s a chance to redeem yourself.
Everyone has a personal perspective on what the holiday season means. Even so, we can all agree that it is a memorable time of the year.
Announcing our 2016 Holiday Magazine Challenge
When it comes to curating cool finds, how creative are you?
Take our challenge. Curate a standout Flipboard magazine with a unique point of view that, for you, fits this year’s holiday season. If you already have a holiday-themed magazine, there is an additional challenge: you cannot use a preexisting magazine. All content must be dated December 7, 2016 or later.
This is a 10-day challenge open to both individuals and brands. At the end of the challenge our judges will pick finalists for a community vote. The winner will receive a highly coveted visit from what we like to call #FlipSanta.
- Magazines must be new — created on December 7, 2016 or later.
- Magazines must contain at least 25 items. 50–55 items is ideal.
- Magazines must contain a Flipboard Compose note explaining the idea.
- Magazine cover images must not contain any text outside of the Flipboard title and description fields.
- Magazines must be submitted via Twitter using the hashtag #FlipboardFriday no later than 11:59 pm PST on Friday, December 16, after which you may edit through December 17. (Feel free to mention @FlipboardClub in your tweets to ensure we see it.)
- Participants may submit multiple magazines but each must be submitted separately. Only one magazine per tweet will be accepted.
- Have fun!
For inspiration, here is our signature holiday magazine — a gift shopping guide — and a metazine (magazine of magazines) with several more holiday-inspired works by members of our community.
By Flipboard Club | Gifts for all seasons. Recommended by Flipboard Club members.flipboard.com
By Flipboard Club | Flipboard Club members are sharing their holiday wish lists and festive magazines. Hashtag:…flipboard.com
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Magazine reviews will begin on Sunday, December 18. Voting will begin on Wednesday, December 21. The winner will be announced during #FlipboardFriday, an all-day hashtag event on December 23, 2016.
If you are new to Flipboard, flip through this User Guide to get started.