Ready, Set, Go! A Flipboard Magazine Challenge
Want to accomplish something? Make your goal to get a goal done.
Raise your hands all you awesome people who make New Year’s resolutions every 365 days and keep every one of them!
Welcome to the club.
Announcing our New Year’s Magazine Challenge
When it comes to curating useful information, how ingenious are you?
We’re unpacking the New Year’s resolution thing and challenging you to turn ONE goal into a step-by-step ‘playbook’. The Flipboard magazine you create can be a personalized journal for yourself or a guidebook for others to consult throughout the year. Both preexisting and new magazines are eligible, but here’s the catch: the final entry can only have 12, 26 or 52 items representing the 12 months, 26 fortnights or 52 weeks of 2017.
This is a 10-day challenge open to both individuals and brands. At the end of the challenge judges will pick finalists for a community vote. The winner will receive a coveted spotlight for their magazines and a special gift packet.
1. Magazines must only contain 12, 26 or 52 items representing the 12 months, 26 fortnights or 52 weeks of the year.
2. Magazines must contain a text only Flipboard Compose note explaining the idea and indicating that it’s an entry for the challenge.
3. Magazine cover images must not contain any text outside of the Flipboard title and description fields, both of which must be filled out.
4. Magazines must be submitted via Twitter using the hashtag #FlipboardFriday no later than 11:59 pm PST on Friday, January 13.
5. Magazines may be edited after submission, but only for 24 hours. During the review process and voting period — from Saturday, January 14 at 11:59 PM PST through Friday, January 20 — there must be no changes.
6. Participants are allowed to submit multiple magazines, but each must be submitted separately. Only one magazine per tweet will be accepted.
7. Have fun!
To help you get started, here are three magazines with useful articles curated by some of the skilled magmakers in our community.
By Tinu Abayomi-Paul | I am, stupidly or bravely, pursuing my writing career. Herein lies the better knowledge I've…flipboard.com
By Margaret Garvin | Giving You Courage To UNPLUGflipboard.com
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Magazine reviews will begin on Sunday, January 15. Voting will begin on Wednesday, January 18. The winner will be announced during #FlipboardFriday, an all-day hashtag event on January 20, 2017.
Note: Judges and official sponsors are invited to participate in the fun, but may not be eligible to win prizes.
If you are new to Flipboard, flip through this User Guide to get started.