Introducing the Flock App Store
Bringing all your apps to a single platform
We’re excited to announce our biggest update yet — The Flock App Store!
The App Store provides a platform to integrate your favorite tools directly into Flock, taking away the hassle of switching between multiple apps at work.
Let’s tell you how this makes your (work) life simpler.
Imagine a scenario where a time sensitive issue were to be addressed, say a server downtime, or an irate customer ranting on Twitter, and it slipped through the cracks because you were away or just too busy to look at that email! Wouldn’t that be upsetting?
Now what if you and your team are notified in Flock, whenever an issue arises or a user tags you in his tweets? Or even better, a teammate picks up the task because you were away. Wouldn’t that be just great?
Well, that’s exactly what Flock App Store allows for! All you do is select the apps you want integrated so that you get all your notifications directly within Flock — from support requests, code check-ins, and error logs to Twitter updates.
Now, that we know the ‘what’, let’s get down to the ‘how’.
Plugging your apps into Flock
Integrating apps into Flock is quick and simple. Let’s walk you through it, using Trello as an example. All you need to do is:
- Go to Flock’s settings dropdown and click on ‘Flock App Store’
2. Select the app you want to integrate with Flock (in this case Trello), and click on ‘Install’
3. Select the desired configuration from the list. In case you can’t find the one you need, just select ‘Add New Configuration’
4. Authorize the integration by clicking the ‘Authenticate’ button and logging in
5. Select the Trello board and notifications you would like to appear in Flock
6. Choose the group in which you want to get notifications using the ‘Post to a Group’ dialog. You may chose to select a custom name and icon for the app notifier
7. Click on ‘Enable Integration’ when you’re done
Voila! That’s it!
Flock has some of the best third party apps already available to integrate, and a whole bunch more in the pipeline. The currently available apps include:
- Visual Studio Integration
This only marks the beginning of all the exciting developments that lie ahead. At present, the Flock platform allows you to integrate external apps and custom build integrations. But that’s not all. Soon, you’ll also be able to build your own apps and chatbots exclusively for the Flock platform. The future looks bright, and the possibilities, endless. We hope you’re as excited as we are!
Now let’s get started, shall we?