Schedule recurring reminders on Flock
With innumerable tasks that teams perform, it’s essential to keep abreast with latest developments. On the same lines, our teams at Flock sync up for daily or weekly stand up meetings.
But often, we face roadblocks like the manager’s unavailability or multiple meetings during the same time. As these meetings are conducted periodically, we would only know about these changes unless these sessions were cancelled.
So, we came up with a solution.
Our solution: Post a question in our team group on Flock, a couple of hours before the meeting.
“Quick Stand up at 6?”
It’s pretty easy to implement this using the IFTTT recipe. You could create one too. Here’s how:
- ‘This’ channel = Date/Time
- ‘That’ channel = Flock
- Go to ifttt.com and create a new recipe.
- Choose Date/Time as your Trigger channel.
3. Select the time you want to post the message.
4. Assuming the usual stand up time is 2PM, and you want the message 2 hours before that, you select the trigger for 12PM.
5. That just created your trigger. Nice!
6. The only thing left to create is an “action” for this trigger. Use the Flock channel to create one.
7. Choose an action. To send a message to a group, select ‘Post to group’.
8. Configure Flock channel with a group and a message.
And we are done! Simple, isn’t it?
If this post helped you create reminders for your team, let us know in the comments below.
-Authored by Ayush Goel, Senior Software Developer (iOS) at Flock