Guide: How to participate in Fluence Pre-ICO
To participate in Fluence Pre-ICO, you need a wallet service or an application where you and you only hold the private keys. Private keys are needed to correctly interact with smart contract functions, like transferring tokens.
DO NOT SEND ETHEREUM TRANSACTIONS DIRECTLY FROM CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGES. YOU NEED A TOKEN COMPATIBLE ETHEREUM WALLET.
- You need to have a full Ethereum wallet, not a trading account.
- If you do not have local Ethereum wallet software like Mist or Parity on your computer, you can use a free web wallet https://myetherwallet.com
- These instructions show you how to participate in the Pre-ICO using MyEtherWallet, but you can apply the instructions for any personal Ethereum wallet.
- Supported Wallets: https://tokenmarket.net/what-is/ethereum-token-wallets/
Setting up MyEtherWallet account
Generate a wallet with a passphrase and store the passphrase in your password manager.
Download the key file. Store it safely and keep it private. You use this file to sign in back into your MyEtherWallet account. Do not lose or publically reveal this file or its password, as it will control access to your tokens. You can also use the same key file with other Ethereum wallets.
After downloading the keyfile you are given an option to print a paper backup (recommended).
The purchase of FPT tokens requires Ether. If you already have Ether, just transfer some to your MyEtherWallet address.
Sending Ether to the Fluence Pre-ICO Contract
Sign in to your MyEtherWallet from the Send Ether & Tokens navigation link. You need to give your Keystore File and password.
Ensure you have the correct contract address found on the Fluence website. We recommend you copy and paste the address, then double check it is correct. Sending Ether to the wrong address will result in loss of the Ether.
- Paste in the contract address 0xccadc21564e5c44032b7f44494de425c1066219c into the “To Address” field.
- Enter the amount of Ether you wish to send to the contract.
- Set the Gas Limit to 250,000
- Set the Gas Price to 25 Gwei (optional)
You will see a final confirmation box. Use this chance to once again check the address is correct, then click “Yes, I am sure! Make transaction.”
You will immediately receive FPT tokens to your wallet after the confirmation of the transaction.
View your FPT balance
From the “View Wallet Info” page, select the option “Add Custom Token”.
Paste in the Token contract address (the same address used to purchase FPT) and fill in the Token Symbol as “FPT” and the Decimals as “18” then click “Save”. You can now view how much FPT you own.