Useful & Important Links
There are loads of Sprint resources all over the internet
Sprints (and things like them) have existed for years. Our day-to-day work is busy and messy. We all time space and time to devote to solving complex problems in a creative way with smart people.
Back in the 80s and 90s, professors at Stanford University and the design agency IDEO started developing processes for creative problem solving. Over the years these have been refined, adapted, and spread across the world.
There are many ways to do design & innovation sprints like this. But we’ve chosen the Google Ventures version. Developed by Jake Knapp in 2010 and brought to the mainstream business world in 2016 with the book Sprint.
You guys have done a couple of these already, so you know the vibe pretty well. Alongside our tips and advice over the next few days, there is a ton of stuff out on the internet that will help you to run an awesome Sprint.
If you only look at one link, make it this one!
- Duco Sprint Guide App a full, step-by-step guide to running GV Sprints made by New Haircut, a design thinking and software dev company 👉👉👉 http://duco.newhaircut.com/
If you have a bit more time, check out the rest
- Case Studies & Tips from people running Sprints all over the world, collected into an official GV Sprint Stories Medium publication 👉👉👉 https://sprintstories.com/
- DIY Guide on the official GV Sprint website 👉👉👉 http://www.gv.com/sprint/
- Daily Checklists from the official GV Toolkit 👉👉👉 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6S4vdHzgh-EcW5iVjhhTFpyTFE
- 9 tips for successful sprinting (that aren’t in the Sprint Book) by the UX consultancy Swim 👉👉👉 https://sprintstories.com/nine-tips-for-successful-sprinting-that-arent-in-the-sprint-book-92c37b498257
- Storyboarding, 2.0! Hacking GV’s Design Sprint storyboarding to get results faster, with less stress by AJ&Smart a Design Sprint agency based in Berlin 👉👉👉 https://blog.ajsmart.com/storyboarding-2-0-14cb2d54a22
- Advice for Running Design Sprints video from Udacity 👉👉👉https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg-oXKHSTFA
- The Toolbox Spreadsheet where Andy and Jim collected all of the alternative tools for running the various sections of a Sprint 👉👉👉 Academy Sprint #3 Toolbox
- The Agenda Spreadsheet from the first Sprint that you did with Tessa and Jim, which was almost a by-the-book process 👉👉👉 Academy Sprint #1 Detailed Schedule
- The Google Slides Presentation from that first Sprint 👉👉👉 Academy Sprint #1 Presentation
Any problems, email message us on Slack or email email@example.com