New AI startups to watch in 2018
How ‘boring AI’ will change your life
Your CPU might not be a neural-net processor, like the Terminator, but we’ve got plenty of learning computers, and learning algorithms that are changing the way we do things.
Time travelling hitmen robots are cool, they’re exciting. And when we’re looking for technology to get excited about, we tend to look for those technologies that look like they leapt right out of a Hollywood blockbuster. AI is not (quite) there yet, for the most part. But, the really exciting aspect of AI is how ‘boring’ it can be.
The Strength of AI
Computers have always been at their best when doing boring, repetitive tasks.
AI supercharges that ability, allowing computers to do more complex, repetitive tasks, freeing humans to focus on the more interesting, and the more stimulating (like time-travelling to save a child who will save the world).
Having AI file your receipts may not make a great script to pitch to a director, but for business owners it can be life-saving, or rather, business-saving endeavor. These are some of the top AI startups with a focus on complex and repetitive tasks.
- agentIQ — an AI that handles customer service discussion, seamlessly handing off the interaction when things get too complex.
- ActiveAI — helps customers manage their bank accounts and other financial accounts.
- Dhatim — AI that takes care of invoicing, payroll, and deductions.
- ElementAI — creates custom, AI solutions to help businesses operate smoothly.
Few people are super excited about the tasks described, which is why it’s so exciting that we can hand them off to AI.
Flying Robots, Man
The less glamorous aspects of AI are changing the way we live and work, which is cool, but you know what’s really cool? Artificially Intelligent Flying Robots. And yes, those exist. Exyn has created AI-piloted drones which are able to navigate indoors without a pilot. There are a lot of good, business reasons this technology exists, but we’re just excited for flying robots.
The Legacy of AI
AI will change the way we work, play, and and live, whether that’s by taking over tedious, uninteresting tasks, or by transporting us everywhere in flying taxis.
If you thought the internet was revolutionary, wait until AI really hits its stride.
Some of the most exciting AI startups in 2018 include:
- Refresh AI
- AlgoSurg Inc. (US-Delaware Corp)
- FROGO AD
- EnergSoft, Inc
- Contento — Smart digital marketing software for small businesses
- Qindom Inc.
- AMBER AI
- Botler AI
- Chronicle Security
- Swarm Logistics
- Very Important Puppets Inc.
- ONE Tech, Inc.
- Akiba Digital
- Mapxus (Maphive Technology Limited)
- DABBEL — Automation Intelligence
- Online Emotion Inc.
- Kano Politics
- Perceiv Research, Inc.
- Virtual Empirical Lifeforms with Multimedia Artificial Intelligence (SARL by 2019)
- TraceMedics Data Science
- Fabula AI Limited
- Mechanica AI
- Think Inc
- QSR AI Research Lab
- Sparo Social
- Side Hustle
- Best Commands
- Efortles Inc.
- Prevailion, Inc.
- ExB Finance GmbH
- Optimo Analytics
- Mind Exploration Technologies
- Etasens Technologies
- Agnes Intelligence
- Cognio Digital
- Polygons Tech
- Rise Capital
- GreyOcean Invest
- Kepler Technogolies
- Biometric Identification Data
- AA Software Solutions
- Supreme Tech Ether Technology Company
- Elion AI
- VidaMinds Inc
- Identity Labs
- BrainPlug GmbH & Co. KG
- Verichains Lab
- 10hoch10 GmbH
- Silicon Sight
- Hound Alert
- Liquid Mortgage, Inc.
Are you interested in more maps?
Let us know and we’ve got those for you too.
For the companies with unknown locations, feel free to reach out if you’d like us to update the map! Thanks
Article written by the Team — Flying Saucer Studio