Create Your Own Mincemeat
The chefs at Rattan Direct bring you a traditional English recipe made with suet, sherry, fruit and a delicious mix of spices! This canned dish is the perfect comfort food to help you face the cold winter days to come.
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 1/2 cup currants
- 1 bramley apple
- 1 1/4 cup suet
- 1 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 6 1/2 tbsp fino sherry
- Heat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sterilize 6 canning jars by placing them in the warm oven
- Sterilize 6 canning lids by placing them in boiling water
- Combine all ingredients and stir together over low heat
- Allow ingredients to simmer for 10 minutes
- Bottle in warm canning jars and put lids on immediately.
Originally published at www.foodchannel.com.