Finger Pies are an on-trend fun idea that takes the adult pies and makes pint-sized versions, so to speak. These are great little hand held desserts that may look little, but make the fun of the holiday bigger and better than ever! This is part of our Thanksgiving Kids’ Table series for the holiday, so click here to see more.
- 2 pre-made pie crusts (1 box)
- 1 21-ounce can of cherry pie filling
- 1 21-ounce can of apple pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
Foodie Byte: You can use your favorite pie recipe instead of canned filling if you wish — just adjust your baking time accordingly. And if you want to keep the sugar to a minimum, skip the frosting. Just remember Thanksgiving only comes once a year!
- Preheat oven according to pie crust instructions.
- Roll out pie crusts, using a 2–3" pastry round biscuit cutter, cut out circles of pie dough.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick coating.
- Gently press dough circles into muffin tin.
- Once completed, chill for 10 minutes.
- Fill each with approximately 2 tablespoons of pie filling.
- Place in oven, bake at suggested temperature for 12–14 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool in muffin tin, remove and serve or frost.
- For the frosting: combine ingredients in a bowl until well integrated, then use to drizzle over pies.
Originally published at www.foodchannel.com.