Gluten Free Fish Taco Recipe
Tired of choosing between the usual chicken or beef tacos? Spice it up a little with these Gluten Free Fish Tacos, from the chefs at Rattan Direct! Authentic corn tortillas made from scratch, topped with fresh white fish, and covered in a homemade chipotle mayonnaise dressing, we are sure you’re going to love these tacos!
For the corn tortilla
- 1 cup masa harina
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 1/2 tablespoon water
For the fish
- 14 oz fish fillet
- Masa harina; seasoned, for coating
- For the dressing
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle paste
- Squeeze of lime
For the garnish
- Red cabbage
- Sliced gherkins
- Sliced red onion
- Chopped avocado
- Fresh coriander
- First, make the tortilla. Mix the salt with the masa harina and add the oil to the water.
- Mix together, and then knead, until it comes together like pastry.
- Divide the dough into 12 parts and roll out into rounds of about 2mm diameter. As thin as you can get them without them being too troublesome to handle. You may need extra masa harina to stop the dough from sticking.
- Heat a frying pan until smoking hot and cook the tortilla, without oil, until browned on either side and the dough cooked right through. 1 to 2 minutes on each side will do it.
- Wrap in a tea towel or a tortilla warmer until ready to serve.
- Slice the fish into bite-sized pieces, and toss in the seasoned masa harina.
- Drop the fish pieces into boiling hot oil and cook until golden crisp. This will take anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the chipotle paste and the lime juice.
- Serve the tortilla with the sauce, fish, and garnishes, piled on top.
- You can use your hands; no one is looking.
Originally published at www.foodchannel.com.