Peppermint Mocha Frappe Drop Cookies
Expect a crunch from these minty-cookies, perfect with a cup of coffee or hot tea. They’ll remind you of a holiday drink offered by a coffee shop — but in cookie form!
These cookies are part of our 2016 Twelve Days of Christmas Cookies edition; find 12+ drop cookie recipes by clicking on this article link.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks, softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped Andes peppermint candies
- powdered sugar
Foodie Byte: If you want to showcase the Andes® mint, you can press your leftover whole ones (unwrapped) into the still-warm cookies and let it melt slightly. Cookies will need to be warm but not hot or candies will melt too much!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drop cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 14 minutes for a softer cookie; 18 minutes for a crunch.
- To decorate:
- Place a Christmas-themed cookie cutter over the cooled cookie and sprinkle powdered sugar through a sifter. Remove cookie cuter and leave the design behind!
Originally published at www.foodchannel.com.