Sorghum Cinnamon Snaps
These cookies are some of the most perfect cookies we’ve made, both in looks and in flavor — in fact, we found ourselves making extra batches well beyond our testing period!
This recipe is part of our An Appalachian Christmas series — try them all and celebrate Christmas with some homegrown flavors.
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- pinch pepper
- pinch salt
- ½ cup sorghum molasses
Foodie byte: These are great served with hot cider, mulled cider, hot chocolate, or red wine.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter together.
- Add egg.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to creamed mixture.
- Add molasses and stir.
- Pinch into one-inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Chill dough for one hour.
- Once chilled, place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper about 3-inches apart (they will spread).
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy.
Originally published at www.foodchannel.com.