Hey Knights! We recently announced our roadmap and NFT integration plans, and we’ve been hard at work formulating the best structure to support our expansion. In our last article, we touched upon the utility of our token. We’re proud to finally announce full details on our tokenomics, including information on our public sale!
We’ve structured our token to have both a low initial market cap, and a low listing price. We want to give our early supporters the maximum opportunity to participate in the $KNIGHT ecosystem, whilst allowing them to benefit from the game’s growth in the future.
The KNIGHT token will have real in-game utility, and it’ll be an integral component in our game mechanics. KNIGHT holders will not only receive in-game benefits, but will also have a say on future development. To recap on our previous article:
- KNIGHT will be our marketplace currency. Players will be able to freely trade NFTs with each other, with these items dropping in everyday game-play. The first sell-able items will be weapons and accessories which include rings, necklaces and badges.
- KNIGHT will be used as a currency for our in-game land sale, allowing players to buy digital land upon which they can erect their cities. Cities allot plots where players can construct buildings that will reward them progressively with NFTs, in-game resources, boosts, and of course, Knight tokens.
- In the later stages of development, we’ll be introducing magical eggs, and when hatched will reward the player with their own unique randomly generated pet. Pets will accompany knights, and help them to earn both NFTs and KNIGHT tokens. We’re excited to see how this develops, and this element could evolve into a meta-game of it’s own.
- We will leverage upon the power of blockchain to allow players to rent out NFTs to other knights, with smart contracts ensuring that the original owner will receive their item back once the rent duration runs out.
- We’re planning to implement KNIGHT staking in Q1 2022, as a way of rewarding our most loyal players, and early supporters. The rewards will be largest initially, and gradually decreasing as time passes and the game grows.
- Our goal is to give all community members a say in our game’s direction, as we’re nothing without our loyal community. We want to hear what each an every one of you has to say, so that we can work together to make Forest Knight the best game it can be.
- We working on finalizing our governance structure, which will include creating a DAO, allowing KNIGHT holders to actively decide on key game features!
Total Supply: 100,000,000 $KNIGHT
We have carefully designed our tokenomics to make sure that we can raise sufficient funds to support our development whilst ensuring that tokens are emitted into circulation gradually. We’ve allocated ample tokens to support ecosystem and community growth, and left enough in reserve for contingency planning. We hope the vesting length give you an idea of the team’s long-term commitment to Forest Knight.
- 15% Team- 0% Initial with 12 months cliff followed by 24 months vesting
- 2% Seed Round- 5% initial with 2 years linear vesting @ $0.08 per token
- 6% Private Round- 5% initial with 18 months linear vesting @ $0.12 per token
- 2% Public Sale- 20% initial with 4 months linear vesting @ $0.15 per token
- 5% Marketing- 1M initial, 1M vested every 6 months in a linear fashion
- 45% Ecosystem and Community- 1M Initial, linear vesting for next 4 years
- 25% Reserves- 5% initial with 4 years linear vesting
Polygon, previously known as MATIC, is a Layer-2 scaling solution built to help bring mass-adoption to the Ethereum platform. It offers blazing fast transaction times, ultra-low gas fees, and minimal network congestion compared to Ethereum.
Aside from the infrastructure, the network has seen rapid growth. Many top projects have chosen to build on the Polygon platform, with over $9Bn in TVL. This is partially due to its EVM compatibility, allowing Ethereum developers to seamlessly transition. It’s straightforward to move tokens onto Polygon using their official bridge, with many other third-party solutions.
We firmly believe that Polygon is the right home for Forest Knight to provide an optimal user experience, and we can’t wait to share further details of our DAPP.
Sometimes players really do know best, and we understand that, and we want to make each and every one of you count. So come and join our game already, see what Forest Knight has to offer in Early Access.
See you on the battlefield!
Forest Knight Team.