3 Healthy YouTube Channels to Follow Right Now
We bring you some quick tips on who to follow on YouTube to power up your health & fitness routine.
The overall health of your body largely depends on how active you are. Many of us have desk jobs or sedentary jobs these days, and humans throughout evolution have never been this sedentary.
The human body needs and craves activity, even if your mind tells you otherwise ;)
It can be difficult to start up a physical fitness routine if you don’t have one. This can include finding a gym or fitness class to attend, having the proper clothing, having adequate nutrition before and after, and most importantly time.
But with YouTube channels having plenty of low impact and high-intensity exercises that range from a few minutes to an hour, there are no excuses for avoiding exercise. Anyone can take a few minutes out of their day, in front of the TV, and do a crunch or two.
Chloe Ting’s channel features a bunch of short workout videos for abs, glutes, and burning fat. She also has some awesome footage of her travels for you to watch between sets.
Our favorites are:
- Tabata HIIT Workout — Fat Burning Workout — Lose Belly Fat Fitness Routine
- Healthy Sweet Snacks | 9 Healthy Snack Ideas
- Butt Workout | Glute Exercises — At Home Booty Fitness Routine
With exercise, make sure you’re looking out for your teeth.
- Stay hydrated. To protect your teeth from damage and decay, you have to keep your mouth from drying out. Since your body needs a water supply to produce saliva, make sure to drink water before, during and after workouts.
- Brush and floss. At least twice a day, and make sure to floss at least once a day. Pay particular attention to flossing if you supplement with protein bars, as they can be especially starchy and contribute to plaque build up which in turns harbors bacteria.
If you favor the whole body approach to your health, then the food you consume every day should be meticulously selected and fresh. It can be tough and confusing sometimes to navigate ingredients especially if you need to cook for a family while keeping the meals relatively healthy.
Fortunately, there are so many cool channels on YouTube these days where people invite us into their kitchens with us, and share their best tips for quick, easy and fresh recipes.
One that we’re featuring today is Mind Over Munch!
Alyssia Sheikh, the founder of Mind Over Munch posts videos every Monday & Thursday sharing recipes, fitness tips and general advice for a healthy lifestyle.
She’s also a group fitness instructor and personal trainer, so you can be sure she’ll be posting healthy recipes focused on keeping your body fit and well.
Alyssia says that her recipes are NOT just for people dieting but also for people who want to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and learn how to enjoy the foods they love without ousting anything from their diet.
Some of our favorites are:
- Bento Box Lunches | Healthy & Vegan! — Mind Over Munch
- How to get started eating healthy! Mind Over Munch Kickstart 2016
- Summer Picnic Menu + Vegan Nutella | Healthy Lunch Recipes — Mind Over Munch
The health of the body often begins in the mind, and with a healthy nervous system. If your nervous system is out of balance, it will affect the health of your body, causing tension, exhaustion in the mind and vital organs.
To keep all of your systems functioning properly, you have to make sure your mind is calm and centered. If you can’t seem to get the mind to be still, meditation is a really powerful tool to help.
Often people feel that meditation is out of their reach due to not having any experience with it, or living in an area where the practice is not widely adopted and having no formal classes to learn it
But there’s no need to go too far. There are many resources for meditation online, it’s just a matter of finding the right one for you.
Jason Stephenson’s channel features guided meditations of all lengths and even videos focusing on different meditations for different purposes, such as sleep, self-confidence, and general balance.
Here are some of our favorites from Jason’s Channel:
- Affirmations for Balance in Life, Mind & Groundedness Meditation : Today, I am Grounded
- Be Yourself Affirmations | Today I Respect Myself | Self-Respect Positive Affirmations
- Can’t sleep, Meditation For Insomnia, Guided Voice, Gentle Music For Sleepless Nights, RelaxationJason Stephenson3,318,024 views