You Need To Make This 15 Minute Avocado Bowl
If you’ve spent any time on our Green Press website you’ll know that we love efficiency. The least effort with the most veggies. It’s why we hammer our blenders and drink green smoothies at least once a day.
And we like the efficiency to continue at dinner.
This avocado and quinoa bowl is as simple as it gets. And it’s absolutely delicious. If you want a meat-free Monday meal, this is your answer. Vegan and gluten-free, it’s perfect for anyone!
15 Minute Avocado Quinoa Bowl
- Takes 15 minutes
- Makes 2 servings
- Quinoa — 1 cup
- Water — 2 cups
- Avocado — 1
- Coriander / cilantro — handful
- Tomato — 2 medium, diced
- Corn — 1 cob (or small can)
- Cumin powder — 2 teaspoons
- Cayenne pepper powder — 1/4 teaspoon (the stuff at my house is crazy hot)
- Olive oil — 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa — follow the packet instructions or get fancy — I drizzle olive oil in the pot on a medium high heat, add raw quinoa and sauté for 1 minute, then I add the water until it boils, turning down to a simmer for the next 10 minutes
- Stir in the cumin and cayenne pepper into the quinoa
- I steam the fresh corn for about four minutes and slice it off the cob (it’s so good!), but slackers can just buy the can and rinse
- Rinse the black beans and add them to the final few minutes of the quinoa, stirring in the cumin, cayenne pepper and some salt and pepper to taste
- Portion the quinoa and black bean combo into two bowls and stir through the diced tomato evenly
- Add chunks of avocado and coriander on top
- Take a photo and enjoy one of the simplest vegan meals you’ll ever eat