Hello, ETHDenver hackers! 👋 All of us at Fortmatic are thrilled to meet you all in a few weeks! This is a significant event and milestone for us, as ETHDenver will be the first public debut of Fortmatic.
After many months of incredible hard-work, our team has built an amazing product that allows end-users to directly interact with dApps, without having to download any browser extensions or 3rd party mobile apps. All of this will be available for developers by adding a couple lines of code, without having to change any existing Web3 implementation!
How does it work?
For dApp users:
- Users interact with the dApp by, for example, clicking on a “Buy” button
- Fortmatic will open a modal for users to type in their phone number
- Users type in a security code sent to their phone
- An Ethereum account will be created for new users, and existing users will be logged in — users can now deposit Ether or any ERC20 tokens, too
- After reviewing the information, users can now confirm the transaction!
For dApp developers:
- Sign up for our developer program on our website
- Shortly after, we’ll email you an API key
- Follow our quick and simple getting started docs to build a Hello World dApp! (More documentation is available for Web3 methods, such as SignTypedData.)
Even though Fortmatic was recently founded in 2018, everyone at the company was already deeply captivated by the vibrant, virtuous, and innovative Ethereum ecosystem. We’ve assembled a stellar and passionate team with expertise in design, security, distributed system, and developer experience. We’ve set out to tackle difficult challenges around getting Ethereum mainstream to users and developers.
Fortmatic is honored to be accepted as one of the sponsors for ETHDenver this year and to contribute to fostering the incredible Ethereum developer ecosystem. What Fortmatic has built so far is a small yet sturdy step to mainstream Web 3.0 adoption, and there is so much more to do. We are humbled by the extraordinary talent and knowledge from the community and would love to work with all of you together on defining the exciting future that we’re determined to bring to the world.
Get in touch
If you haven’t already, APPLY to join us at ETHDenver. You’ll see us at the opening ceremony.
And we’re having a workshop on Friday, February 15 at 2:00pm at the Sports Castle’s main stage.