#SU54 Lambeth, we salute you!
#SU54 Powered by Foundervine in collaboration with Lambeth Council and supported by the Mayor of London.
Startup 54 brings together ambitious people to form teams, build prototypes and launch new businesses. The program was open to Lambeth residents of all backgrounds with big ideas. It is part of a series of programs by Foundervine in Lambeth in partnership with Lambeth Council.
Ideate & Connect
We kicked off the weekend with our Vine Fellow Kathryn Tingle who delivered an amazing session on Idea Generation. Following this session, we were able to split our cohort into mini-groups as they discussed any preexisting ideas and also their talents they would like to bring to a business.
And with that, our teams for the weekend were formed:
- MyTours — An immersive tour company utilizing virtualization to interact with different locations around the world 🌍.
- Corporates Pull Up — Helping connect corporates with Black Charities, bridging the gap to bring awareness to charities.
- Akara — The TripAdvisor for Industry Events 📖. (Overall Winner 🌟)
- Quest Saturdays School — A new business offering Saturday school to support low-income households, build positivity, empowering through education and workshops of self-actualisation working with both students and parents. (Winner of Best Pitch ✨), (Winner of Best Team Work✨)
- Women can Code — An empowerment platform to bridge the coding gap and empower women with soft skills and technical skills for them to thrive in tech 👩🏾💻👩💻👩🏻💻👩🏽💻
- Partner — Democratise Art! Making corporate spaces more beautiful through art and also helping artists by connecting them with business owners who want to make their spaces more engaging.
- Soar — Community mentoring platform to match the low-income background with professionals who can mentor them through life.
We were able to call upon our community on Day 2 to come and mentor our cohort. Thank you to annette abena, Nana Perry, Letitia Seglah, Lotta Olsson, Rojina Dorodvand, Hawaa Budraa and James Silk. Also a special mention to Cecil Adjalo on an amazing session on Business Modelling and also Fred Osei who kicked off Day 2 with a session on Goal Setting.
Refine & Pitch
We were able to welcome Jeevan Sunner who delivered a masterclass on Finance & Funding for the team.
It was an amazing masterclass as it helped shape the cohorts thoughts on how they will grow their business and also fund it. Jeevan was able to explain through some of the processes and for a lot of the cohort who were tackling the all-important question of “where will your money come from,” you could see the impact this talk had on their pitch decks.
Pitch via Zoom (It’s a thing now!)
And we are also thankful to Izzy Obeng who helped prepare the cohort in an amazing and interactive pitching session!
We were so impressed with our overall winners, Nicole, Bao and Wendy who pitched Akara and came out as overall winners, congratulations to the team and welcome to the Vine Community.
Look out for our next #SU54 in Lambeth 👀