Vine News — May
This is your monthly round-up of vine news: upcoming jobs, funding, event opportunities, and resources shared across the community. Send us your requests and let us celebrate your achievements by getting in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
This month we are celebrating Elise Vigilance! She attended Foundervine’s ‘How to start a career in Tech’ program to get some insights into how to pivot her career into Tech. She has since then got a role as an Operations and Customer Support intern at Wealth8 and gained key fintech experience allowing her to grow her skills in different tech areas.
Read Elise’s top 3 takeaways on how to get the most out of Foundervine programs and community, and how this helped her to secure a new job opportunity here.
Vine Community News
It’s been a busy month! The Foundervine team, together with Vine Fellows and program partners visited number 10 downing street for a roundtable discussion on entrepreneurship education. We also hosted our Community Get Together as part of our Immerse program in partnership with Lloyds Bank, which saw over 100 Vine Community members come together in a series of talks and community led discussions.
The Black. British. In Business & Proud report by Lloyds Bank is back again and looking to hear from 800 future and current Black entrepreneurs across the country to share their experiences, and create the change we all want to see in our society. Contribute your experiences by taking the survey here.
Vine Community Shout Outs:
- Margaret Oki has launched Simba Health, a healthy ageing service and is offering a 30-min coaching call targeting 50 to 70-year-olds. Great work! Click to find out more.
- Francisco Baptista will be leading a TEDx discussion on ‘Sport as a Human Right’ on 5th June. Amazing job! Sign-up to attend
- Greg Langola is working with a Global Fortune 500 Real Estate Investment company to offer ethnic minority businesses new business opportunities within the supply chain. An opportunity not to be passed up! Applications close on 31 May, find out more here.
Do you have a recent milestone you would like to share? Perhaps you’ve been featured in the news, launched a new product, received funding or developed a new resource: get in touch to let us know!
19th July: Barclay’s Accelerator Program 3.0 A 12-week programme designed to champion Black founder-led businesses through a series of masterclasses and one-to-one mentoring to help them accelerate and grow. Click to apply by 19th July.
25th May at 3 pm: Inspiring small business owners in Enfield Business in the Community (BITC) are hosting a series of insightful events on; Financial, legal, marketing & HR advice; business planning & mentoring; Networking & new business opportunities. Click to register
Did you know you can reclaim between 25 to 33% of your spend on R&D projects?
This article written by Maxime at R&D Expert explains how startup founders can make the most of the R&D Tax credits scheme and offer Vine Community members a free consultation with an expert. Click to find out more
MSDUK Innovation Challenge: Are you an ethnic minority business that can help a corporate be more sustainable? Apply to the Innovation Challenge to present your business solution and win a total of £20,000 cash grant. Click to apply by 31 May.
Are you focused on raising your first Seed (£250k — £1.5m) or Series A (£1–10m) investment rounds? Get in touch with the community team to see how we might be able to support you
- Gapwhiz is offering two remote working legal internships, as well as internships with a biotech company in Oxford for graphic design and web design, and a life sciences internship. Click to find out more opportunities from Gapwhiz.
- Baselime are hiring for a number of software engineering and product roles, salary range between £40k and £80k. Click to apply
- Nautaa Capital is hiring a Marketing and Comms intern. Click to apply
For the full list of upcoming events, accelerator programmes, funding and job opportunities click here.
Have you previously attended a Foundervine programme or event but are not yet part of the Vine Community? Click to apply to join our private slack channel, access exclusive content and connect with like-minded founders.