Welcome to the future, and the past…
I’ll be adding more of my speculative game-world / green metaverse writings here onto Medium.
- The Spiral = a metaverse of connected VR game-worlds and super-spaces, best accessed via The Spiral Interface (and others).
- Fountellion = a green, growing game-world teeming with artificial life wherein lie ‘insights’ hidden for every player to (personally) find, and through their finding come to ‘understand’ or appreciate Nature from its perspective.
Development work on Fountellion ‘fabric’ also led to the emergence of a ‘green metaverse’ of virtual ‘garden worlds’ and survival games based on its groundbreaking code.
Themes/questions raised include:
- Did the legacy of Fountellion help players to re-discover the natural world, or did its super-realism affect society in negative ways, with greater addiction and escapism into its virtual world? The latter was not the intention of the renowned (and later reclusive) designers and developers. The story may include ideas about the results of unforeseen ‘emergent behavior’ in its players (not just its AI), when human nature is offered such powerful reflections.
- What is the potential of such futuristic incoming games and worlds to change or ‘green’ society via experiential learning which awakens the spirit to a heightened awareness of Life, environment or where we fit in.
- The concept of a ‘green garden’; a wild metaverse for exploring nature, and preserving it.
- What is the relationship between The Spiral and Fountellion?
- Did the creators embed hidden ‘failsafes’ into one, which would affect the nature of the other, in the event of — possibly negative — influence or imbalance emerging in the worlds, and into The Source (external reality). [Read ‘Spiral 2.65’, genesis short story.]
Fragments, ideas & stories
Currently, you can find entries about Fountellion in The Spiral on Wattpad, but followers on Medium will see their migration (with updates) of the better fragments… here! This is helping me revisit the project.
Therefore, warm welcome to this Medium publication which will be home to my ‘origin’ contributions, and hopefully more (and by way of background still check out Spiral Times website).
Also, there’ll be NFTs for my main characters, insights, flora & fauna of the boreal, released onto blockchain via Opensea, for people to own and interpret. This could help support the future of the concept and project. More about this ‘decentralising’ move under the NFT section.
Anyone is welcome to contribute their own fragments — or just ideas — to this publication. Please contact via Ade’s Press contact page.
Note: The story and nature of The Spiral — with its beating (green) heart Fountellion — are already ‘decentralised’ concepts, they only await anyone who wishes to immerse themselves, paint or color them, and contribute more to them.
‘For they say that those who ‘find’ Fountellion… find themselves.’
- from the game teaser trailer
Ade mc, August 2021.