Veg Ways for Improving Collagen (Anti-Aging Elixir) Production in your Body
In our last blog we told you about how we all are consuming slaughtered animals in various medicines, sweets and cosmetics without even knowing in the form of GELATINE and COLLAGEN.
This blog, is about Collagen, and vegetarian, and natural ways of boosting collagen production in your body.
First of all, most of you must be thinking what on earth is Collagen and why do I even need it??
COLLAGEN: What and Why
Simply put, Collagen is the most abundant protein in our body and in fact in most mammals. All the connective tissues in our tendons, skin, gut, bones, cartilage, and muscles etc are made up of collagen.
Ageing, stress, anxiety, prolonged exposure to sun reduces collagen production in our bodies, which results in wrinkles, weak joints, weaker muscles. Collagen is different from whey protein and casein (Another type of protein) as it has high levels of amino acids. Lack of Collagen causes one to get tired easily, muscle and join pain etc.
Hence, it plays instrumental role in overall muscle health, joint health, skin glow and your overall well being.
Due to this a lot of people start taking collagen supplements being oblivious to the fact that they are made up of bones, skin and cartilage of animals like cows, and pigs etc.
Is it necessary to take these supplements to improve collagen in your body?
Answer is NO!!!
A balanced diet can boost COLLAGEN production in your body without having to eat supplements made by mass slaughter of animals.
Vegetarian sources of food that can boost your COLLAGEN production:
Almonds: Almond is a great source of Vit E, which is the predominant antioxidant in our skin. It neutralises free radicals damaging collagen cells and also stimulates collagen formation with Vit C. It has Copper as well which helps in formation of COLLAGEN fibrils and hence is really helpful in boosting Collagen level in body.
2. Tomato (Other Red fruits and Vegetables): Red vegetables and fruits have an antioxidant called Lycopene. Lycopene is a natural sunblock and collagen booster. Hence taking tomatoes, red pepper, strawberry, apple, can help you boost your COLLAGEN level and also save you from the sun.
3. Garlic: Garlic is an excellent source of Lipoic acid, Sulfur, Taurine, which help in rebuilding the damaged COLLAGEN fibres. Hence, in take of Garlic in your diet in adequate quantities can improve Collagen in your body.
4. Citrus: Fruits and vegetables that contain Vit C are really good for your skin because they convert Amino Acids to COLLAGEN and hence improve skin’s texture. Vit C plays instrumental role in Collagen formation, which means Lemon, Oranges, Grapes would help you increase your Collagen level.
5. Dark Green Vegetables: Green veggies are nutrient power houses with high concentration of Vit A, C and E which play an instrumental role in COLLAGEN production and other vitamins and minerals. Dark green leafy vegetables contain Chlorophyll which enhance Pro-collagen in our bodies. Pro collagen is a precursor to COLLAGEN.
6. Soybean: Soybean is also a highly nutritious food. It is a very good source of protein for vegetarians. It also contains GENISTEIN which improves collagen level in the body and in turn improves skin texture & glow, and also blocks enzymes that cause skin ageing.
7. Cabbage: Although, Cabbage might come in green leafy vegetable category but its ability to improve COLLAGEN level deserves a separate mention. This veggie full of vitamins A, B, C, and E, along with high concentration of phytonutrients and antioxidants help fight/neutralise free radicals.
Avocado, Oil seeds like flax seeds, carrot, pumpkin seeds, and Berries can really help you boost your COLLAGEN levels and help you be a healthier version of yourself and fight ageing.
Hence friends, you don’t need to take Gelatin and Bone Broth if you don’t want to for keeping your Collagen level intact and improving.
Your feedback on this blog would be highly appreciated.