Journey on: Foursquare inspires in Airbnb
Our latest deal is yet another way we inspire travel.
You already know that Foursquare technology helps people get out and explore. So it’s with great fun and wanderlust that we announce our latest travel-industry licensing deal: our photos now appear in Airbnb Guidebooks in destinations around the globe.
Earlier this month, Airbnb introduced the new, updated Airbnb app, with Trips and Guidebooks filled with photos of quaint coffee shops, cozy dive bars, and awesome local shops (not to mention museums, parks — you get the idea). We’re honored that many of these photos are from our community, and that Foursquare is a lens through which millions of Airbnb guests will see the world.
As we’ve proven again and again, Foursquare location intelligence can illuminate, inspire and improve the travel experience. Below, some of the other ways we help people get out and explore.
Travel is central to our own apps:
- Foursquare City Guide arms millions of explorers with personalized ideas for what to do and how to do it best, thanks to the 90M tips from our like-minded community, which includes travel brands such as The Ritz-Carlton, Surface Magazine, and Fodor’s Travel.
- Foursquare Swarm has perfected lifelogging — you always know where you’ve been. Our app is your digital memory bank, and it’s a tool for unlocking Perks: in November, users were entered to win free stays at Conrad hotels, and earlier this year, we gave away eight dream trips to Italy, the Caribbean, Washington D.C. and more.
Travel is also a key component of the 100K apps and services that use our technology. We recently announced a deal with Snapchat, but there’s more:
- We know the places that are hot and new (check out Trending This Week: New York, for example). This technology, which takes the pulse of global cities, helps to power Uber’s new app — giving riders tips for where to go and what to see around the world.
- New York City’s new hip 11 Howard hotel, in Soho, pre-loaded Foursquare neighborhood guides onto tablets in guest rooms. So guests get concierge-like advice and itineraries, without a hassle.
- Ever logged on to the wifi at a Hilton hotel? Find Foursquare recommendations right on the homepage, every time.
- Many of the world’s must-have travel tools, from Citymapper to Ulmon’s CityMaps2Go, are powered, in part, by Foursquare.
- And lastly, Foursquare recently revealed five holiday travel deals on the Today show, with insider tips for what to do in each destination.
Bottom line: No matter where 2017 takes you, Foursquare will be along for the trip.