Are you tired of thinking up new and inventive places to hide your kids’ presents? Do they sniff out their holiday swag like bloodhounds on the trail of a bacon-wrapped convict? Not this year! This year, you’ll be prepared with a handy list of ultra-creative hiding places for all your present-protecting needs. Here we go…
- In your doomsday bunker — Stash some gifts behind your Shetland pony-sized container of Tang and pallets of canned meat.
- Up on the rooftop
- In the walls — If you’re a handy soul who enjoys a good sledgehammering session, try busting through the drywall and stashing presents amongst the electrical wiring and squirrel nests. Then it’s a simple matter of patching, spackling, and repainting (plus some minimal cleanup) while your kids are off at school.
- Inside the vacuum cleaner
- At the office — No doubt your coworkers will have a blast playing with the American Girl® Beet Canning Factory and Baby Shark marionettes you nearly died purchasing on Black Friday.
- In the chimney
- Inside the 72-pound wheel of cheese you impulsively bought while at Costco
- Under the carpet — As a bonus, the hidden mystery gifts will double as speed bumps for your hyped up, holiday-obsessed offspring.
- In your car’s engine block — Caution: Choose another hiding spot for the deluxe chemistry set your son has had his heart set on since the unfortunate exploding mayonnaise incident.
- With the cleaning supplies
- Under the piles of glittery crafts, foodstuffs, and farm animals your kids keep bringing home from school
- Inside the 97-inch teddy bear that Santa brought last year
More help, holiday and otherwise: