Write for Frazzled
If you can find a spare moment; no pressure!
Frazzled is a place for parenting humor with a particular focus on fictionalized and conceptual humor about life with kids.
If you want to write parenting humor with us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to an unpublished draft or a note saying you’d like to be added as a writer. Put “New Writer” in the subject line, please.
Being added as a writer does not mean every piece you submit will be published, but we’ll do our best. Please keep in mind the following guidelines for content.
What we’re looking for:
Funny stuff only, please. Nothing that will make us cry. Unless it’s tears of joy.
The funny stuff needs to be in some way related to parenting.
3. Conceptual Fiction, Lists, Fake News, Fake Advice
All of these are golden. Check out what we’ve published already to get a better idea. Other humorous formats are also great. Bring them on.
These are our 3 most read pieces to give you an idea of what we publish.
Mom Makes ‘That’s What She Said’ Joke to 5-Year-Old, Instantly Regrets All Her Life Choices
“It was the end of a long day, and even though I knew better, it just slipped out,” said Sharon, a 31-year-old mother…
Father “Kind of Bummed” He Didn’t Receive Praise From Strangers While Grocery Shopping With His…
As the dad of three children under age five, Jason had become accustomed to strangers showering him with praise for…
4. Nothing Terribly Offensive
We are very sensitive people, so please don’t scare us.
- Feel free to put your stories behind the paywall. We’re in favor of you making a few cents!
- Once you’re added as a writer, you can submit drafts through Medium.
- Include an image at the top of your stories and a strong title (and subtitle if it works for the piece). The easiest way to add free images is with the built-in Unsplash tool on Medium. If you can’t figure out how to add an image, we can add one for you!
- If we make any edits to your stories, we’ll let you know (if it’s beyond simple formatting changes). But don’t expect too much from us. We’re perpetually Frazzled.
Thanks for your interest!
Follow Frazzled on Twitter.