Day of Giving — Feed the Dog and Support Innovation
Day of Giving is TOMORROW! The Day of Giving is a one-day online fundraising event on Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019 from midnight to midnight. All members of the Fresno State community are encouraged to participate, including students, parents, staff, faculty, alumni, friends and community leaders. The goal is to have as many participants as possible come together to raise financial support for student success. (D.O.G. FAQs)
It’s all about our students! See how the Day of Giving supports student success.
How is Technology Services involved? Technology Services has been involved in the Day of Giving for the last three years. This year we have created two giving categories that directly support student internships and digital transformation efforts. We are hoping to raise seed money to move these efforts forward in the coming year.
- Digital Transformation Hub — Physical Space The Digital Transformation Hub will provide a physical space on campus for students to utilize emerging technology to create real solutions for everyday life. The DX Hub will expose students to local businesses, valley growers, and cutting-edge commercial opportunities to improve services and provide ideas that support the innovative use of technology in the workplace.
- Digital Transformation — Student Internships Your gift provides internships for Fresno State students interested in exploring with emerging technology at the Digital Transformation Hub (DX Hub). Each student intern will be given the opportunity to work on lT projects in an interdisciplinary, group-style setting utilizing cutting-edge technology to solve real-life issues.
How can I help?
- Support — Consider donating to support Technology Services in their efforts to provide student internships and create a Digital Transformation Hub space. The “Give Now” link will go live on November 7.
- Share — Encourage others to participate by sharing the Technology Services website on your social media channels or via email. Make sure to #FresnoStateDOG to ignite participation and help us keep the campaign viral.
- Wear red to show your Fresno State spirit on Nov. 7.
- Join your colleagues at the corner of Chestnut and Shaw tomorrow morning, from 5 to 8 a.m., to help signal to commuters that Day of Giving is underway!
- D.O.G. celebration at Qué Pasa! — Visit Qué Pasa Mexican Cafe at Campus Pointe between 4 and 7 p.m. for a social get-together, in partnership with Staff Assembly. This event will feature a disc jockey, appetizers, giveaways and the opportunity to vote for your favorite Day of Giving participating area. The top three will receive $1,000 for their area.
Let’s join together as a division and support Fresno State’s Day of Giving! It’s not about how much you give, it’s about being a part of something truly incredible and transforming the lives of our students.