We Have Won Gaur and Chopra Escape Velocity Grants
I will try to share my honest experience with you all.
19th September, Sunday
Woke up to find this sunday morning.
20th September, Monday
Funds got wired. No questions asked, nothing. This is by far the best Monday I will ever remember.
This is the kind of legacy I will admire forever.
Will be forever grateful to Paras sir, Aakanksha Ma’am and Aarti Ma'am for such generosity and trust
Paras sir made the launch announcement. That was the day I applied for it. Quite honestly I wasn’t sure if we will ever make it to the list. After seeing July result, was doubting, if we are the deserving for this grant.
We made it to the list.
How To Answer The Questions
Just have one thing on mind: Be honest.
I remember sharing about our journey, thing we went through, the hardship, the survival. One good thing about this was how we were documenting our journey of building fueler.
In order to build trust, you need to have credibility. We had none, unless our work to show. I have tried to communicate how difficult it is to build trust without credibility. Especially when you come from tier 3 college and background with no experience as such.
I have often looked for startups and their early day. The honest thought process, mindset of the team, founder and other stakeholders.
This made me feel like documenting our journey. Nobody knows what happens tomorrow, the least it could become is some case study for startups in future.
Be honest and be sincere to your work.
How are we going to use the funds?
Dividing into two parts:
- We are going to support creators by working in collaboration with them. Mostly to develop more such side projects around proof of work. Mostly
- It will be a major push to our new project Ship Me A Book. We are really excited for this one. We have received more than 150 invites for early signups. We are giving 20 books to 20 random early signup. Also got three sponsors to send 25+ books to our early users.
- Don’t just wish for it, work for it. You never know, magic happens everyday.
- You are the only person to know if you are sincerely doing your work when no one is watching you. If you do, keep going. Someday it will be worth it.
- Be honest. It saves you a lot of time. Also it pays you in countless way.
- Internet can change your live only if you choose to be on the right side of it. It won’t just happen, you have to seek and take concious steps for it.