Tutorial: Furucombo on Polygon
Polygon is a well-structured development framework for building and connecting Ethereum-compatible blockchain networks. In the last six months, the total value locked on Polygon has reached $6 billion. We have seen tremendous demand to manage portfolios with Furucombo on Polygon, as many Ethereum Dapps including Aave and Sushiswap have expanded to the network.
In this article, we will cover all your frequently asked questions and share a range of figures to give our community a better view of gas and transaction fee advantages of using Polygon.
We will cover
- How to access Furucombo on Polygon
- How to move tokens from Ethereum to Polygon
- What cubes we have on Furucombo x Polygon
- I have WETH, but I want to lend MATIC on Aave, how? What about fees?
How to access Furucombo on Polygon
- Connect your MetaMask wallet
- Click the network switch button and select Polygon
- Switch the network on your Metamask wallet
Currently, we only support MetaMask wallets on Chrome to access Furucombo on Polygon, and please note that you will not be able to send transactions if your MetaMask wallet is linked with a hardware wallet.
How to move tokens from Ethereum to Polygon
You can use our Token Bridge cube to transfer funds from Ethereum to the Polygon network.
What cubes do we have on Furucombo x Polygon
Once you have tokens in your wallet on Polygon, you can then start to explore the DeFi legos that Furucombo supports.
We have supported 19 cubes since the launch on Polygon. With cubes from Aave, Curve, Sushiswap, and Quickswap, users can now complete the below strategy with ease:
- Lend or borrow tokens on Aave
- Swap tokens on Curve, Quickswap, or Sushiswap
- Add liquidity to Curve, Quickswap, or Sushiswap
- Aave collateral swap with flashloan
- Aave collateral and debt position leveraged with flashloan
- Aave debt swap with flashloan
- DEX arbitrage with Curve, Sushiswap, and Quickswap
More combo hack?
- We will share more interesting strategies on Twitter with the #combochallenge tag!
I have WETH on Polygon, but I want to lend MATIC on Aave. How can I do this? And what about fees?
- Make a 2 cubes combo with a swap cube and a deposit cube.
- Click the “Approve” button to grant Furucombo access to move your WETH tokens.
- Click the “Send” button to actually convert your WETH to MATIC and deposit to Aave simultaneously.
For your reference, it costs around US$0.001 (1 gwei) to complete the transaction on Polygon on the day of writing. While it costs about US$1.1 (12 gwei) on Ethereum to complete a similar transaction. That is 1000+ times less using Polygon!
What other advantages?
On top of the fact that the gas fees are significantly lower on Polygon compared to Ethereum, Polygon now offers many incentives to encourage new users onboard. For example, Polygon provides extra MATIC bonuses to Aave lenders and borrowers. So are the liquidity providers on Curve, Quickswap, and Sushiswap!
Let’s hop on the Polygon train and explore Furucombo in a near gas-less world!
If you experience issues that are not covered in this guide, please reach out to the Furucombo team directly via discord.
- Furucombo: https://furucombo.app/
- Twitter: @furucombo
- Recommend Read:
- Beginner’s guide to Furucombo
- Announcement of the Furucombo and Polygon Collaboration