FuseMap’s Smart Building Platform Revolutionizes Energy Management
Our client needed a solution that would help them to reduce their energy consumption, without having to make a major capital investment, or causing any disruption to their occupants.
Using FuseMap’s Smart Enterprise Energy Management System, their engineers were enabled to make effective decisions that increased energy efficiency and drove significant cost savings, while also increasing employee morale.
The Real Estate & Facilities organization of our client evaluated FuseMap’s Smart Building Platform across a sample of their 5,000 building footprint.
With a worldwide energy budget of $100M per annum, our client had a pressing need to reduce energy usage and associated costs. They also wanted to improve workplace satisfaction and resource efficiency.
Their building management process was inefficient. Engineers were wasting time performing building walk-arounds to identify faulty or high consumption equipment, or were spending time dealing with low priority anomalies while the system failed to highlight more impactful issues.
Our consultants from Emissions Consult LLC (our parent company) initially gathered information on the client’s utility expenses, conducted energy audits, and identified equipment and locations with excessive energy use. Using these data, they set consumption reduction goals.
We then added our analytical layer on top of the existing building management systems, capturing and analyzing millions of data points per day. The platform used advanced technology and artificial intelligence to manage the complex operational aspects of the client’s buildings on a real-time basis.
The Smart Building Platform addressed energy consumption and expenditure in three key areas:
- Fault detection and diagnosis enabled real-time, targeted interventions of faulty or under-performing building equipment.
- Alarm management prioritized the myriad notifications the existing building systems generated, and pointed engineers to the most critical issues with the greatest impact on energy consumption, occupancy comfort and business impact.
- Centralized energy management correlated data from disparate sources including building systems, utilities and weather data feeds to optimize building energy consumption and performance. Engineers were enabled to manage energy use holistically, while occupants’ energy usage behaviour was improved with visual dashboards and energy benchmarks.
FuseMap’s Smart Building Platform enabled the client to aggregate and analyze its building data to generate actionable insights that saved energy and cut costs.
The client has used this data to embark on multiple improvements that are reshaping the way its buildings are managed.
The platform enabled building engineers to continuously identify issues and optimize the performance of building equipment. This is forecast to deliver annual savings of over one million dollars.
Our Smart Building Platform is projected to deliver savings of several million dollars by optimizing base load and reducing plug load across the building portfolio.
By applying analytics to make their buildings smarter, our client was able to make energy consumption savings [of 18 percent] and reduce associated operating costs, without making any major capital investment, or causing disruption to their occupants.
Corporate Real Estate Organizations can use FuseMap’s Smart Building Platform to cut costs and secure significant environmental improvements, benefitting from its key design principals which:
- Identify, collect and aggregate relevant data
- Utilize industry-leading analytics to determine savings
- Present results in a consumable and actionable form
- Centralize monitoring operations
- Engage the entire organization
- Avoid disruptive change