14 Questions to Ask Your Team
This is a questionnaire I created because the Lumi team was becoming big enough that people didn’t always have a chance to learn about each other on a deeper level.
We created an online form, and everyone on the team received the answers as they came in. It was a fun and insightful exercise, so I thought I’d share these questions, if you’d like to try them with your team. Feel free to expand or edit!
- What is your full name?
- What city were you born in?
- What city do you currently live in and how long have you lived there?
- What are/were your parents’ occupations?
- What are 2–5 hobbies/skills/activities that you enjoy the most? Can be work, personal, anything.
- What are 2–5 things you would like to learn or get better at?
- What is one thing you are strangely good at?
- Who is one person that has significantly inspired you or affected your life in a meaningful way? How so?
- What is one place that has significantly inspired you or affected your life in a meaningful way? How so?
- What is one thing that makes you feel anxious or nervous?
- What is one thing that makes you feel relaxed, calm, at peace?
- What is one thing that makes you feel excited or fired up — in a good way?
- Who are 5–10 people (alive or dead, fictional or real) that you admire?
- What was one of your favorite creations you experienced in the past year, and why? Could be anything from music, tv, movie, restaurant, museum, book, article, podcast, theater, etc