This month is a special month for us…
It marks the 1st anniversary of our 1st time fund Gaia Growth I. We spent a couple of days at Le Village Potager, a beautiful farm outside of Paris, to celebrate this anniversary as a team and reflect on our achievements and challenges. This bonding time was particularly important after a 3-month period where we could not see each other, or to be more accurate, without being in front of our screens. During this offsite we were finally able to cross the mirror.
So many things happened over the past 12 months. We all grew as a team, really enhancing this quote from Alan Watts: ‘’you’re under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago’’. It has been a roller coaster year.
- We expanded our team with the arrival of Bettina, Géraldine, Hadrien, Solena and of our operating partners, Anne-Pascale, Greg, Sandra et Willy.
- We built our portfolio and welcomed Welcome to the Jungle and two other companies, to be announced shortly — stay tuned…
- We raised over €100m and welcomed over 60 investors who trusted us and made all of it possible.
- We received the “Late Stage” label awarded by the French government, which validates our approach and gives us a real boost to bring about the next generation of responsible global tech champions.
- We encountered numerous challenges, joys, disappointments and successes.
- We survived a global crisis which disrupted our lives in a moment of fragility.
- We reinforced our vision on responsible investment and built more tools and actions plan.
- We emerged and felt driven by our core values — agility, sustainability and bridges with public markets.
To sum up, we have transformed a crazy idea into an amazing venture. We are incredibly grateful and proud of it. And it is only the beginning of the journey!
Thank you. We cannot wait to celebrate it with you!