Contents & How To Use This Guide
Hello, and welcome to the Game Writing Guide.
This publication exists to aid both new writers and developers — whom for whatever reason can’t work with a professional writer — get the basics right, and improve their storytelling skills.
This guide makes no attempt to be objective or definitive. We, the writers, do not want to be gatekeepers or arbiters of taste — and as such you, the reader, must always remember three golden rules:
- There is no one-size-fits-all for writing/storytelling advice or tool recommendations.
- Each article is expressly anecdotal and utterly subjective.
- All rules are meant to be broken, but it’s usually wise to understand the rule first.
CONTENTS (In no particular order, for now)
- An Introduction to Ink
- Lore — Do You Need It, and When to Start.
- Concepts for Creating Characters
- Your Essential Style Guide/Writing Tips Library for ~£20
- Designing Investigate Conversations
- Creating Pidgin
- Your Essential Style Guide/Writing Library for ~£20
- Practical Notes on Tadhg Kelly’s ‘Storysense’ and Interactive Dialogue
Please note: this is a recently ‘launched’ work in progress. We’re working on a more fully featured website
If you have any questions or would like to contribute in some way, please contact D S WADESON (@madquills on twitter).
All content on this site is published or syndicated in agreement with Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)